1,175 results
All reviews outdoor pool beautiful hotel brecon beacons the river stable block on arrival christmas decorations wine list wedding venue pen y fan homemade biscuits wedding reception the main house my partner lamb large bathroom beautiful room
Reviewed 22 January 2016

The room was excellent, very spacious and comfortable, with a good view of the Brecon Beacons covered in snow. The lunch event, for my wife's birthday, was for 21 people, including two small children. Nice room, good food, well served, everybody inc the children very happy. The evening event, drinks party for 85, went equally well. Throughout, the hotel staff were efficient, helpful, friendly and competent. A very good experience.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark K
PeterstoneCourt, Front Office Manager at Peterstone Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor Review. We are very happy that your lunch event was a great success. We hope you find time to come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

My partner and I spent one night at Peterstone Court. The staff were all very friendly and efficient and showed us to a newly refurbished room. This was very large and beautifully furnished with a four poster bed and a superb en-suite barhroom.
The dinner was fine dining at it's best. All in all a wonderful stay, highly recommended.

Room tip: All very quiet with views of the Brecon Beacons
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nigel G
PeterstoneCourt, Front Office Manager at Peterstone Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we do hope that you manage to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

We stayed overnight for my 50th birthday and we were spoilt with outstanding food and amazing service. Cath and Ffion were so professional in their approach and accommodated our every need. In beautiful, festive surroundings, I celebrated a surprise birthday meal with my mother and family. Sad that my father wasn't here on a special night though.
Well done Peterstone, you have done it again!!

Room tip: Speak to Cath
Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
PeterstoneCourt, Front Office Manager at Peterstone Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2016

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your birthday celebrations and hope that we can welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 17 January 2016

Hotel advertised as hotel with spa; this wasn't the case as the spa was in maintenance, so told not available. After having a shower told it was then partly open, so didn't get a chance to use as we were on the verge of going out.
I Spoke with staff and explained we had only booked this particular hotel over others similar due to it having a Spa. They replied "it was free"!!!! They rubbed further salt in the wound and offered £10 off the bill......

Cooked breakfast contained questionable bacon; tasted like it was off and had been under a hot plate for at least a day - dry and hard. Also Eggs were not cooked properly - ie only partially cooked. We told staff but weren't offered a replacement.
Come on it's a cooked breakfast how hard is that!!!!

On checkout no mention of the issues, and no apology.
Never again....

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauls42480

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review. Unfortunately, the hotel has been closed for five days whilst some rooms have been refurbished and our lounge bar redecorated. The spa refurbishment is ongoing and unfortunately on the morning you wished to use it it was still closed but reopened later in the day. We apologise if it was not convenient for you to use it late afternoon. I checked you out on the day of departure. You had been upgraded and stayed in a £235 per night room but paid £85 late availability. The reason I took £10 off your bill was not as a response to your complaints regarding the spa or the breakfast, of which neither were mentioned to me, but because the tariff said £95 but the paperwork said £85 from the booking agency so I deducted £10 to bring it in line with the agency tariff. Regarding your breakfast, we did have other guests leaving that day that said the breakfast was delicious. We can assure you than under no circumstances had the breakfast been on a hotplate for a day but cooked to order that morning. Also as the hotel had been closed for five days all the produce was delivered fresh on Friday morning,

Reviewed 13 January 2016

A fantastic wedding venue, one of the best we have been to, but what spoilt it for us was the amount we had to spend for our room and that it did not represent value for money. A dirty toilet brush in need of replacing, sink had residue on it and the chrome had not been polished, the pillowcases were not a matching set, no biscuits for the tea and coffee tray, damage marks in the rolltop bath, fraying and worn carpets. The decor was not to my taste either, if chipped pink perspex lamp shades are your thing then you are in for a treat. Might be sounding nitpicky, but if you are spending this amount of money for a night, its basic expectations.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Peterstone Court. I am assuming from your description of the room that it was room 204 and I can confirm that this room has just been refurbished to a high standard, with new furnishing, carpet etc and the pink lampshades have been thrown. We hope that you can come back and stay again to see the changes.