“Peaceful, Idyllic, 1st Class”

Peppers Moonah Links Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fingal
Reviewed 10 February 2015

This was a last minute, blind choice for a few nights on the Peninsula and it didn't disappoint.
1. Excellent Service - from the time of enquiring by phone and speaking with Kirstyn I was very impressed by the attitude of all the staff I encountered. The personal, caring advice was most appreciated and some 5 star, big name hotels could do well to take notice of just how it should be done !
2. Tidy, large rooms adjacent to the practice greens and swimming pool were ideal for our family of 2 adults and 2 children ( and even some family friends who visited for dinner).
3. The grounds were excellent as you might expect when surrounded by rural golf courses but just SO peaceful.
4. Restaurant with deck has a lovely outlook and good choice of quality dining options.
5. Located next to Peninsula Hot Springs which is a must do especially with the added benefit of the hotel staff organizing the experience even better than by direct booking.
6. Finally, a great central location for easy access to front and back beaches and all attractions.

Top choice !!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank LuckyLui

Reviewed 8 February 2015 via mobile

After picking up my partner from work and surprising him with a night away, I'm so glad I chose this hotel. As we arrived, quite late we were greeted with a friendly smile and a lovely gentleman who went out of his way to assist us. Roger helped us plan our day- he suggested the hot springs and the enchanted maze, we had a fantastic time at both! I booked a special deal which was on wotif- which included a free upgrade into a room with a view, 2 full buffets and a bottle of wine on arrival. Because we arrived so late, unfortunately the kitchen had closed for dinner- which we completely understand. But Roger ensured that we could order dessert to our room- which he organised and personally delivered. I would certainly stay here again! We have a fantastic time! It was such a shame it was only a short trip!

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lainyllane
Reviewed 4 February 2015

Stayed in their one-bedroom suite for 3 nights recently. I stated clearly when I booked online that it was for 3 people and yet the sofa bed in the sitting room was not made up when we arrived. Reception staff admitted they had overlooked. So, not only did we have to ask again for the sofa bed, I had to ask again for extra towels and shampoo, etc. But really the entire resort (yes, the restaurant too) looked a little tired. The only good thing was the golf and the proximity to Portsea, Sorrento, etc.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank PhyllisL121
Reviewed 31 January 2015

Great facility and rooms very spacious. Staff in pro shop very helpful. Can't say the same for the reception. When I called from my room to advise the WiFi wasn't working, I was told quite rudely by a male staff member (english accent) to simply change my settings and enter the username/password. When I advised this is pointless as I can't access the WiFi to enter any details he simply ignored me. Pity as other staff were very welcomimg but this left a sour note on what otherwise was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank Jimmyd777
Reviewed 30 January 2015

Hubby and I had a fabulous experience at this resort. We had booked a deal which included an upgrade to an Open Room but on arrival we were upgraded again to a One Bedroom Suite. These are huge! With a self contained kitchen, dining table and lounge all in one, then a separate bedroom and big en-suite we felt very spoilt. Both the lounge and bedroom have sliding doors to a balcony of your own. The king bed was super comfortable, however make sure you check the pillows before settling in for the night! They were way too soft for me but there was a card on the bed saying the resort can change them for you - I was just too lazy to bother by the time I'd discovered this issue. We dined at the restaurant and our evening meal was delicious. The buffet breakfast was also fabulous - lots of hot options, a superb bircher muesli, as well as other boxed cereals and a range of pastries. My only whinge was the toilet paper - majorly el cheapo. Sorry guys, but it's like having a bad coffee at the end of a meal, it's the little things that can make the difference!

Room Tip: If you plan to eat at the restaurant, request rooms near the clubhouse so it's within easy walki...