1,186 results
All reviews parlor suite front desk hot tub free upgrade private beach full kitchen within walking distance the general manager heavenly village separate bedroom flat screen king bed we've stayed small kitchen mini fridge off season dog
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel prides itself on pet friendly conditions, however, it's more "tolerant" than "friendly". The only lawn area at the entire resort is marked TAKE YOUR PET TO DESIGNATED AREA but there is no designated area, only teeny tiny areas of pine needles to let your dog relieve itself. The private beach area is not private at all, they let anyone in. The room itself was cute but outdated. There was visible damage to the fireplace, minimal lighting, no A/C, and dirt on the walls. The hot water was only ever lukewarm at best. It was a quaint cute hotel but it felt more like a cabin/motel than a resort (and we paid for the higher class rooms)

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2018

Horrible customer service, I spoke with the manager about trying to get a refund for a room which I had booked through hotels.com, and initially he flat out lied and said that wasn't possible because I had booked through a third party, then when I explained that I had already spoken to hotels.com and they said it was up to the property, he backtracked and basically said it was their own policy. Would recommend staying away from this place because you will not be taken care of.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2018

We received a free private beach pass but were unable to use it as the beach doesn't allow pets; I do understand the reason because some people do not clean up after their animal. The beach area is beautiful and within walking distance from the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Their key system was down when we stayed there. The concierge had to let us in each time we wanted to get into our rooms which was fine. On our second day, they fixed the system, however they failed to give all the guests their keys and closed for the night. We were in Tahoe doing outdoor activities all day, and went to dinner at night. By the time we returned to our room after dinner the front desk was closed and we didn't have a key to our room. They never notified us of the system being fixed via phone, we would have easily came and got the key, they never left a key anywhere for us or confirmed we were able to access our room. We called the number of the resort which connected us to their sister resort in Scottsdale, they were unable to help us. We had to sleep in our vehicle until the morning when a maid let us in our room! I have left several messages with management and not one return call. Unacceptable for them to leave before making sure all guests were able to access their room, especially since it wasn't our fault the key system was down in the first place.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank 713alexah
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Super convenient location, beach access is a plus (5 min walk from hotel), and the room was clean. It was strange that there was a mini-fridge, sink and microwave but no kitchen-type stuff. Just a couple of glasses would have been nice, and either some paper towels or a towel by the sink. Also only one chair in the room (there was space for two). So if you were thinking you could make coffee and eat something easy for breakfast, that isn’t really the case.
There is great hiking if you head away from the lake and keep going behind the shopping mall. I think it’s a new park (it was hard to find much info about it online) but you go up pretty quickly and get great lake views.
All that said, for the expensive and busy area this place was quiet and not too pricey. If I had to come back to South Lake Tahoe, I’d stay again. But I’d probably go back to another part of the lake.

Date of stay: July 2018