All reviewstel avivjudean hillslonger staybuffet stylegreat place to staydead seacentral locationdining roombreakfast and dinnersaladlog cabinbiblicalfinnishisraelbiblevolunteersaccommodations
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I stayed at Yad Hashmona about a week with my tour group last month. 1) Quiet environment with beautiful trees and flowers, 2) great hospitality by friendly and helpful staff, 3) convenient location (half an hour drive from TLV airport), 4) delicious buffet food with various kinds of vegetables and cheese and 5) cozy cute log cabin.

1) I enjoyed a morning walk before breakfast and also night walk at evening almost every day, forgetting the busy daily life. View from the balcony and garden was beautiful.

2) Even though my friend and I requested various small inquiry, they were quick to respond to us friendly including the young staff. Great hospitality.

3) You can escape from the busy city and be at such a quiet place within 30 min. When I was there, there was no traffic jam between TLV airport and the hotel.

4) Before the trip I was concerned that some of our tour members were very concerned about being healthy and careful about what to eat, but the restaurant provided us with various kinds of vegetables, fruit and fish etc. All of us enjoyed the meal.

5) We stayed at a log cabin so it was different from the luxury hotel stay but it was such a peaceful and relaxing stay there.

Yad Hashmona hotel made our Israel trip wonderful and unforgettable one. I do want to visit there again in the future. Thank you to all the staff and volunteers there.

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stayed there with a group, touring Israel, and stayed here 5 nights. They were polite, place was clean, and loved the people. They have buffet style every meal, and the food was More then Excellent!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We cant say enough good things about this lovely place. So close to Jerusalem but yet you have the feel that you are deep in the countryside. The rooms or cabins are extremely comfortable. The bathtubs were an added bonus with lots of hot water for comfort. Coffee and tea in the room was a pleasant surprise along with a biscuit to take the edge off before the next meal. We loved the breakfast buffet. The food was of such good quality. Friendly staff that cant do enough for you! Next time we are back in Israel this will be the first place I call. You cant go wrong with its central location to everything you want to see. The Biblical Garden is a must. I would recommend asking for a guide to get the most out of every detail they have put in. The icing on the cake for us was the incredible sunset we enjoyed on our private deck. This place is Israels best kept secret!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2017

This hotel offers a peaceful and restful haven from the city. Such a delight to fall asleep in utter silence and yet be so close to Jerusalem.

The food at Yad Hashmona was the best we had in all of Israel. Everything is fresh and beautifully presented, with plenty of salad and fresh fruit options.

Be sure to visit the Biblical gardens, enjoy the views over Jerusalem and surrounding countryside and chat with some of the international students volunteering at the kibbutz.

Room Tip: Room 605 and neighbouring are the best rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Found it clean but lacking in normal amenities. The rooms were spread out over a hillside and after a long day it was cumbersome hauling our luggage to a room not near check in. Was surprised at the fact that no help was offered and it was a good hike down hill and stairs to a lower level room. Just not cordial or helpful and will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay up top and near dining
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends