“Great diving, comfortable ship and nice people ”
Review of Duyung Baru

Duyung Baru
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Prime liveaboard in Labuan Bajo (Komodo National Park) - operating in Komodo since 1998 Small groups of max 6 guests, great food (Yani Korth) and unbelievable diving!
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We spent 1 week in July 2026 on this live aboard and toured the Komodo National Park. The diving was truly spectacular. We saw a big variety of fish from Mantas to macro. The reefs appeared to be healthy. Dives were at times quite challenging due to the currents but thanks to the very experianced guide manageable for us. Cabins are surprisingly spacious. Awesome cooking and a great crew rounded things up.

1  Thank Kritikerin_50

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I went with my wife with the Duyung Baru on a liveaboard in July 2016 around Komodo. We stayed 5 nights / 6 days. The most important element when deciding on a boat is the accommodation. Coming from a hospitality background myself this is key so based on the pictures I really liked the cabin when I was browsing the internet so I decided to book this boat. When we arrived on the boat we immediately noticed the boat was extremely well maintained and when I entered the cabin I could not have been more happy...I was in awe. Wow, what a nice cabin with nice double bed, very comfortable shower and toilet. I really liked the toilet and shower in the cabin were separated. All extremely comfortable and 5 star. We slept like roses. The second important element is food and again here we were extremely satisfied with the quality of the food. Delicious all the way. My favorite was the fresh grilled fish, catched from the boat. A dream come true. Last but not least the diving was great and safe. Strong currents but big fun! I recommend to bring some bottles of wine to drink under the stars before going to bed. We did this and shared it with the other guest. This was the cherry on the cake. We will 100 % come back. Thank you so much!

1  Thank FrankBali
Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I crashed the trip for filling in an empty spot with my husband and it was the best decision i made that month! The boat is stunning, spanking clean, and spacious. I have been in boats in Komodo and most of them are never this clean. 5 star for cleanliness!!! The crew are amazingly nice especially Vovo and his wife Yani who is also the chef onboard. Her food was amazing with non stop freshly baked cakes and bread everyday! I repeat. Fresh bread everyday! She wakes up super early in the morning to bake so you will smell that good aroma once u step outta your room. She even made oxtail soup on our trip!

We stayed in the double room with ensuite shower. The room is spacious enough for us two and our big luggages. A lot of compartments which are necessary considering divers always bring lotsa stuff. The air con and hot shower works perfect.
At night we hangout on the top deck where there are sunbeds and gaze to the stars. Vovo also shut off the genzet on request to see the stars better. Thanks for doing this! It was an amazing night with The Milky Way!

The dives: impeccably amazing! I did my first crazy drift dive and it was THE best dive ever!!!! I felt like i was in Mission Impossible movie. Thanks to Vovo for knowing where to go. I would love to do it again.

We also made time to visit the dragons in Rinca island. Yani hiked with us and showed us very beautiful view over this island.

I would like to recommend this boat to my friends and colleagues who plan to go to Komodo.

Thank you Vovo, Yani, Matt and Duyung Baru crew!

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We spend a wonderfull 9 days on the duyung baru. It was our honeymoon. The crew, Vovo and Yani were great hosts. The boat is beautifull. Diving is EXCELLENT with a great diversity on the north and the south side. We finalized our journey with the Komodo dragons. Yani is a magician in the kitchen every breakfast, lunch and diner was prepared with love and talent. Our cabine was large with a comfortable 2 person bed. Fully equipped.

Vovo also is a trained scubadive and freedive instructor.

We definetely recommend this cruise / ship to everybody who is interested in visiting Komodo.

1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 11 July 2016

Had been on a 7d/6n cruise through Komodo National Park for scuba diving. Although we were fully booked, the atmosphere was still very family like as the Duyung Baru only takes a maximum of six guests at a time. The experienced and proactive dive masters, Vovo and Matt, and crew were always able to listen, help and interact on a very personal level. Also, Yani - the fabulous and lovely chef on board - did her magic with Indonesian food at its finest.

It was an unforgettable trip as Komodo is also an incredible scuba dive destination. With good flexibility in reacting to nature's will, such as currents and visibility conditions, we had very good dives with a lot of turtles, reef sharks and loads of Mantas. The flexibility in choosing dive sites depending on conditions suited everybody's interests and skills.

On top of the scuba diving, we were allowed to borrow the speed boat for trekking on islands and shoot the stars and milky way in this exceptional landscape of Indonesia.

Only downside: It's hard to leave Komodo, the Duyung Baru, and people at the end of the trip. Looking forward to come back some day!

2  Thank ChristophWuerbel