Hotels.com
  • Pool
La Boheme Bajo(Labuan Bajo)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Blue Parrot(Labuan Bajo)
Villa Domanik(Labuan Bajo)
Ciao Hostel(Labuan Bajo)
Agoda.com
Sunset Hill Hotel(Labuan Bajo)
永安旅遊
All reviewssebayur islanditalian fooddive masterstrong currentsindonesian lunchmanta pointdive staffbatu bolongsnorkeling guideremote islandhard and soft coralssea turtlesfabulous divegranitabeautiful islandnon diverscuttlefish
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Best place in brickell. We spent such a long night but VIP service all night. We loved it and we will come back every time we can’t. Thanks to Joseph and Collins. They were the best servers, on top on of us all the time. If you come here you can spect he best service

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I spent a long time researching my trip to Komodo and couldn't decide between staying at Komodo Resort or what seemed to be the more affordable option of Labuan Bajo, I can safely say that I made the right choice.
The resort itself is lovely, quite intimate, peaceful and relaxing with a hint of luxury.
The dive sites are a lot nearer than if you are staying in Labuan Bajo, the boats are large and comfortable with nice lounging areas for travelling to and from the sites and surface intervals. I really enjoyed Batu Bolong, so many fish, sharks and beautiful corals but a lot of divers. We also did a 3 day trip to the South of Rinca where we saw Komodo Dragons on the beach, Manta Point also didn't disappoint and there were even 2 Mantas on the house reef right in front of the resort the day we arrived which was quite special.
Whilst the menu in the restaurant has some nice choices and daily specials it wasn't quite as good as I had expected from reading previous reviews however far superior than most dive resorts I have experienced and I enjoyed most meals.
Overall I would say this is the best choice for diving in the area, I met some great, interesting people during my stay and I really enjoyed my time there.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Diving - truly wonderful. Sam is the man. He took good care of us - warm, genuine, thoughtful, confident and competent. Skilful divemaster and excellent conversationist. We had good luck with the 3 dives that we did and saw countless mantas, black ones, playful ones that did barrel rolls. Saw an eagle ray, blue spotted ray, over 10 green turtles, a hawksbill turtle and giant and bluefin trevally

House reef - corals are largely healthy and have both soft and hard corals. Many species of coral fish, baby shark and stingray. I also spotted a small turtle swimming very fast for its life. Also a moray eel. A dolphin also swam past the channel and I saw its fin thrice surfacing for air.
Due to the currents they will offer to drop you off in a motorboat somewhere further out and you can simply drift back to the jetty. Many thanks to Bagus who was so kind. Pls convey my gratitude.

Food - I picked this place over the other options because the food was well rated here and I should say it was pretty good though some dishes were a bit of a miss. But overall good! Italian& Thai for dinner, Indonesian for lunch.

Location - 30 mins away by speedboat from Labuan Bajo. closer to the Komodo island, Pulau padar, Pulau Rinca, manta point and various dive sites than most other resorts.

Rooms - extra points for the hobbit home look and a traditional build. The main issue here is that there is a path behind the villa that leads from restaurant to the staff quarters and all times through the night and day we hear the staff walking, talking and moving things about. We had poor sleep one night because of this issue. Sounded like they were busy doing stuff right behind and beside our villa. Probably also because our villa was on north wing and closest to the kitchen and equipment rooms. I raised it with the management office the next day and the following nights were better. Also. The wifi connectivity was very poor in our room. Raised it as an issue but there wasn't much they could do to resolve it. We had to sit at our patio to get decent wifi. Or go to the restaurant. I didn't actually mind this so much as it was nice to be off the grid a bit. Sepot went out of his way to help. Antonello was very warm as well.

Trips and Excursions - great and they can personalise a little. We were given quite a treat as we ended up being the only 2 going on a trip to padar that's usually for minimum of 4 to go. We just paid for 4 instead of 2. The weather was great. We lucked out and got amazing pictures of padar and seraya and also snorkelled at pengah.. Food on the boat could be a bit better though ... but otherwise the wooden boats were great. Nice upper deck.

Scenery from the villa - very nice. Water is many shades of blue when cloudless. The villas face west so you will see nice sunsets. Personally, I liked hiking further up the island so you get an unobstructed view of the sunset.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

In my mind, this resort is the ONLY place to stay in to dive Komodo. It is just head and shoulders above the competition. The bungalows are clean and spacious with just the amount of luxury and solitude. It feels like you are marooned on your own gorgeous island that happens to have a really good restaurant. All the staff are wonderful and very dedicated to the resort and to your happiness! The food is great—homemade bread and pasta. Plenty of variety.

As to the diving, the resort is closer than most, so they get to the dive sites quicker—before everyone else. Every dive, we felt like we were alone in the world, just our dive boat and the fish. The area has an amazing diversity of sea creatures with a backdrop of very healthy, colorful corrals. There are few places left like it! It felt like diving in an aquarium. The dive guides were great. Marcus, the dive master, really knows his stuff and helped me correct some old bad habits. I got the impression he really CARED. That is just as rare as the corral.

The thing about diving here is that if you need a break or are not a diver, there is plenty to do close by (Komodo dragons, etc). It’s a lovely place to come to just to relax and do nothing.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon-N-Lily
Reviewed 20 April 2018

this is i little pretty island. Here is a right place to choose for relaxing on an island. nice snorkeling spot and scuba diving. very clean beach and soft sand. To get here it does not take long. just about an hour and half from the main land by local wooden boat.

Stayed: January 2018