Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing Fitness and Muay Thai gym!

I have spent a total of 5 weeks at this amazing resort. I did 2 weeks of boot camp in December 2018... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Y7358LMandrewf
Standard, Canada
Perfect getaway

This is the 3rd time I’ve come back to Gym Bangarang! They train me, feed me, do my washing and... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Seaside09446731998
Melbourne, Australia

All reviews muay thai training boot camp protein shakes rice fields lose weight thai boxing personal trainer training camp fitness levels bike ride chiang mai a lot of fun goals fighter bootcamp diet program
Reviewed 31 December 2016

I stayed at Bangarang for 2 months last year from November 2015 -Jan 2016 before heading home and had a great experience.

I went there to get away from an unhealthy lifestyle and it was exactly what I needed. I lost about 8 kg while there, quit alcohol, made some new friends and have stuck with a healthy diet/lifestyle for the past year.

The staff are friendly, training is well organised with tons of variety. I liked the flexibility, and did Muay Thai most days while joining in the boot camp activities like rock climbing and some day trips to the lake. I was pushed just hard enough, which is what I needed at the time.

I saw multiple boot camp attendees returning in the 2 months I was there who all seemed very happy.

The accomodation is awesome and very new - huge comfy beds, good Tv's, clean bathrooms and a perfect place to relax after a day's exercise.

Food is healthy and tasty - meals were usually some type of grilled meat with veggies/salad and lower carb. Fresh fruit and boiled eggs were prepared every day for snacks, as well as protein shakes after training.

I'd recommend Bangarang Gym for anyone looking for a bootcamp / fitness retreat in Chiang Mai, or wants to try Muay Thai in a friendly environment.

Date of experience: January 2016
3  Thank hiso6969
Reviewed 24 December 2016

I stayed for only 5 days and I was on the full day bootcamp program, but I still had an awesome time. If I come back next time I would definitely stay for longer to achieve significant results. The program is great because they make you do a variety of activities throughout the week including Muay Thai. There's also activities outside of the vicinity so you get the chance to explore other parts of chiang mai (wall climbing, cycling visit temples etc.) which I really enjoyed. You go through the program with a small group of people who have different fitness levels. Everyone is nice and friendly! The swimming pool is a huge bonus. Food, transportation and activities are all inclusive. I rarely spent on anything throughout the entire stay. Definitely worth a try if you are up for an action packed holiday.

Date of experience: December 2016
3  Thank Diane Q
Reviewed 24 December 2016

Great Gym. Professional staff. Great training, food and accommodation. They helped me reach my goal. I went for 1 month. Perfect amount of time. Thanks Gym Bangarang.

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank SingerSlade
Reviewed 25 October 2016

Go for this place if you want the whole package!
I stayed at Gym Bangarang for 2 weeks doing personal training and bootcamp session(atleast 3 hours each day), occasionaly when I had energy left I also did some muay thai training. My goal to come to Gym Bangarang was to get fit and healthy. I did not have much fat to loose but I had been lazy for a long time and wanted to get back in to training and thought this could be a good way of combining my vacation with some training. Even though I did not have much to loose in fat my results after 2 weeks were amazing, thanks to amazing support from one of the Gyms owners Phil as my personal trainer and another personal trainer named Raul and Boat. I can honestly say that they took me to a level i never thought I would be able to achieve.
Since I was doing bootcamp sessions everyday aswell with other people I can truly say that you can go to this gym for every need and with every fitnesslevel.

The atmosphere at the gym is all about supporting you as a client in every possible way so you can achieve you fitness goals. I never felt that they had a an attitude that I just was another paying customer, instead I felt that they tryed to do everything for me to make me achieve my goals (i.e they trained me longer then i payed for some days beacause they wanted me to truly achieve my goals)
All the other staff at Gym Bangarang are also amazing and truly made sure I had every need covered.
Accomodation: I stayed at one of the villas at the gym which are just newly built with really high standard, good wifi, a tv full of netflix, kodi etc. (which is awesome for days when you are exhausted after training:=) The resort is located among ricefields and is just a joy to wake up to every morning.
The only downside at the resort was the lack of a pool but the same day I left they just finished their new pool.

I will go back to this place and would recommend this for everyone who wants a great fitnessexperience.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank IdaS1728
Reviewed 20 September 2016

I stayed for one week to do the full day bootcamp and had a fantastic time!!! Phil and Marina are fantastic hosts and the atmosphere is very relaxed. The trainers are very professional and you will get great workouts every day. I do train quite a lot by myself and spending the week at Bangarang pushed me and showed me how to change my training routine. All in all it was a great experience and I definitively will be back!

Date of experience: August 2016