“Super Sunday breakfast”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Cuisines: African
Description: Real authentic Karoo dining establishment.
Description: Real authentic Karoo dining establishment.
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Wonderfully welcoming. A perfect place they sell local art, second hand books and have delicious home made drinks from ginger beer to lemonade. The food is also great !

1  Thank Billbobbird

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this charismatic restaurant after a visit to the Owl House, and what a wonderful meal we had.

I’m more than happy to wait a little longer for food this fresh, this tasty, this real.

The setting suits the character of the village to a tee, we had a lovely table in the garden and it was a real treat to see the owner pick the ingredients straight out of the garden after we ordered. You certainly don’t get fresher than that!

Service from the waitress was friendly and efficient, with a genuine smile.
After the meal the owner came over to chat to us, a lovely touch, and there was a sense of genuine caring and hospitality, something sorely missed at most restaurants these days.

The food itself was delicious. Slow cooked lamb stew, with rice, delicious salad and the freshest farm bread. It felt like dining at someone’s home. Simple, good and delicious.

I wish I could eat like this every day.

1  Thank KarmaTraveller28
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Here one will find freshly made food. Do not expect fast food, but sit down and enjoy the Karoo surrounds and people whilst you wait for Idil Sheard to whip up home-made iced tea (not out of a bottle) or lemonade (home made by herself) or scones or pancakes – all made freshly whilst you wait. During our Karoo holiday free yoga classes were offered in the art gallery section of the restaurant – perfect before one indulges in a pot of coffee to start the day. The service was efficient and very friendly, but at a much slower pace than in the city.
Ideal for the best breakfast in the village.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

We popped in for a quick breakfast. Although the service was slow, they were very accommodating in making me toast with marmite as I was not feeling well. My hubby had a toasted sandwich which was good. It is a pity I couldn't taste the other food or scones, but we will be back.

1  Thank Elsa W
Reviewed 4 January 2018

I can understand you wanting to escape the rat race if you live in Nieu-Bethesda but if you run a restaurant be prepared to engage with people -even superficially.
The owner seems completely distanced from a sense of service.
She is however not shy to charge city prices. 3 small rather average homemade lemonades cost R60.The pickle and 'cheese' platter was tasty but ridiculously overpriced for what one actually got. The cheese served in a very small ( for two)ceramic container was pathetic: bland, grated ,cheap and nasty! The bread was completely under baked and I sent it back to be toasted.
Get your act together or close down. I walked out feeling angry and ripped off.