eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Beautifully remodeled house. There are only 3 rooms. My husband and I had one room and our friends another room.
We were met by an employee of the casa at the boat dock and she walked us to the location and explained what to expect to our friends in Italian who translated to us. Very simple. You just have the place to yourselves.
The bottom floor is a small sitting room, a kitchen with a couple of tables, coffee machine and they provide an individual basket for each room which will be filled with items for your breakfast the next morning. Ours had croissants, other bread, juice, yogurt, fruit. There was also a small outdoor patio. It was all very good.
The room has a very comfy bed, nice clean bathroom, tv, mini bar and ours had a nice view of the small waterway and surrounding colorful houses. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

***Note: you must climb steps to get to your room. I would not recommend for anyone with mobility issues or large luggage.
***There is a one room market almost directly across from the hotel (actually across and a few doors down) run by a very friendly elderly lady. You have to walk a short way and across the bridge. We bought beer wine and water as the mini bar is over priced.
We had a beautiful evening and a nice dinner a short walk away. There were about five or 6 restaurants nearby.
Definitely recommend.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank sailregmel2016
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

Interesting beautiful hotel, the main structure has the reception and few rooms in the Mazzorbo island (and also a very good restaurant) other rooms are spread around the island of Burano.
The room are clean and very well furnished, very comfy bed, spacious bathroom with good toiletries.
We had also a patio with “garden” table and chairs.
The continental breakfast is delivered every morning from the main restaurant.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Casa Burano for three nights, and really recommend it. The room was nicely furnished (nordic style), with a highly comfortable bed and a large bathroom with a bathtub and a steambath. We got bathrobes and slippers.

The room was very clean, and relatively large in size. It had a mini-bar, a safe and tv.

Breakfast comes in a breakfast-basket with some white bread, yoghurt naturelle, jam, croissants, juice and cake. There is a coffemachine and tea available.

A woman met us at the quay when we arrived by boat, and she told us a bit about Burano and gave us some recommendations while we walked to the house (5 minute walk). Very informative and useful.

Burano is a small and beautiful island. During daytime there’s a lot of tourists that come for daytrips, but in the mornings and evenings it’s a lot calmer.

If you want to experience Venice (apprx 40 minutes by boat), but live in a nice and quiet place, Burano is the place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Casa Burano is operated by the same owners as the Michelin starred restaurant on the neighbouring island. The owners have converted five of the colourful cottages.
I was met at the boat quay and taken the short walk to my cottage. It was beautifully finished, clean and with coffee and local biscuits available 24:7.
I booked this as I like to catch the morning light for photography and dislike crowds, so this was perfect for me.
I had initially thought that I made a mistake as the nice local restaurants all shut when the last boat leaves and the only available food is at dreadful tourist restaurants, that are over priced and supply poor food. Had I known this I would have eaten earlier.
I realised the next morning however, that my choice was great, when I had Burano almost to myself until around 10.30 when hoards of smartphone waiving tourists arrived. I left!
Breakfast is served in a breakfast basket, was plentiful for me and delicious.
I actually wished I had stayed for longer as paid double for the next two nights in Venice and did not have nearly such a good experience.
Would recommend.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LindseyS1467
Matteo B, Proprietario at Casa Burano, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Mrs Lindsey,

we thank you for taking time to share your experience, and for the lovely feedback.

We will be glad to welcome you to Venissa on another occasion and period of the year.

Please feel free to contact us to organize the best experiences to discover the lagoon.

we remain at your entire disposal should you require any further information

with kind regards,

Audrey DF - Resident Manager

Reviewed 21 January 2018

A few kilometers away from Murano, you can enjoy the discovery of the little village of Burano famous for its colored houses and handmade Lace. Walk in the town, have a coffee, enter some Lace shops. I just love it

Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank BrotherYo
Matteo B, Proprietario at Casa Burano, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Many thanks BrotherYo for taking the time to write about Burano and your wonderful experience! we hope to welcome you again soon, Burano is beautiful at anytime of the year and from now we will be open all the year! so you guests can experience the Lagoon also in winter.
My personal regards,