eDreams
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Casa Burano is operated by the same owners as the Michelin starred restaurant on the neighbouring island. The owners have converted five of the colourful cottages.
I was met at the boat quay and taken the short walk to my cottage. It was beautifully finished, clean and with coffee and local biscuits available 24:7.
I booked this as I like to catch the morning light for photography and dislike crowds, so this was perfect for me.
I had initially thought that I made a mistake as the nice local restaurants all shut when the last boat leaves and the only available food is at dreadful tourist restaurants, that are over priced and supply poor food. Had I known this I would have eaten earlier.
I realised the next morning however, that my choice was great, when I had Burano almost to myself until around 10.30 when hoards of smartphone waiving tourists arrived. I left!
Breakfast is served in a breakfast basket, was plentiful for me and delicious.
I actually wished I had stayed for longer as paid double for the next two nights in Venice and did not have nearly such a good experience.
Would recommend.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank LindseyS1467
Matteo B, Proprietario at Casa Burano, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Mrs Lindsey,

we thank you for taking time to share your experience, and for the lovely feedback.

We will be glad to welcome you to Venissa on another occasion and period of the year.

Please feel free to contact us to organize the best experiences to discover the lagoon.

we remain at your entire disposal should you require any further information

with kind regards,

Audrey DF - Resident Manager

Reviewed 21 January 2018

A few kilometers away from Murano, you can enjoy the discovery of the little village of Burano famous for its colored houses and handmade Lace. Walk in the town, have a coffee, enter some Lace shops. I just love it

Date of stay: January 2018
1  Thank BrotherYo
Matteo B, Proprietario at Casa Burano, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2018

Many thanks BrotherYo for taking the time to write about Burano and your wonderful experience! we hope to welcome you again soon, Burano is beautiful at anytime of the year and from now we will be open all the year! so you guests can experience the Lagoon also in winter.
My personal regards,
Matteo

Reviewed 24 November 2017

Perfect location, super convenient to walk around the small island of Burano (and Mazzorbo). The building is recently renovated preserving the typical features that make Burano houses so popular (including the colourful façade); the interior design is very nice and curated with style. Rooms are clean, big, comfy, soundproof. Breakfast is delicious, fresh and handmade, delivered in picnic-like baskets (coffee and tea by the machine).
The accommodation may be pricey for a B&B, but I guess in line with the options available in Venice and in the lagoon.
The staff welcomed me at the jetty and walked me to my room, chatting and giving me any suggestion needed to dine and enjoy my stay. And I actually loved it here, a foggy weekend of November, when only a bunch of tourists dared to travel by boat across the misty lagoon: cool atmosphere to take a break from everything.
I surely recommend Casa Burano; even more, I would go back if I ever had the chance.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Chiara B
Matteo B, Proprietario at Casa Burano, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Hi Chiara,
thank you for your nice feedback.
We're really happy you enjoyed staying in Casa Burano.
I'm also glad you came off season, is a good moment to enjoy Venice and its lagoon in a more authentic way.
Matteo

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

These small brightly coloured apartments are situated a short walk from the main Venissa Wine Resort on Mazzoboro. Newly decorated they are the epitome of contemporary designer chic. Comfortable beds, free WiFi, minibar, cable TV, blah, blah. However, our stay was let down by a few minor points that could easily be addressed by the management.
1) the bathroom has underfloor heating that is roasting hot and controls so complex, Steven Hawking couldn't decipher them.
2) The soundproofing is terrible and the guests below us could be heard talking and moving about their apartment.
3) For such an expensive place, breakfast was fairly meagre and missing essentials like milk.
Overall a delightful room spoiled by a few easily fixed annoyances.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank yosemite65

Dear guest,
thank you so much for your precious feedbacks, we will consider your review in order to improve our service.
Matteo Bisol

Reviewed 27 July 2017

5* accomodation and service in a traditional house. Great breakfast with tipycal bisquits, particularly creamy yogurt. Simple and refined glas items.Great attention to the detailes.
Complementary coffe-machine 24 hours a day
Perfect communication and pick-up at the pier
Great balance between the cost and the services offered

Attention that the restaurants close early at dinner

Room tip: Trust the employee.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Elisabetta P

Dear Elisabetta,
thank you for your nice feedback, we're very happy you got a great experience with us.
Matteo Bisol