Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
Snaptravel
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 August 2018

My son and I spent 10 days in Spain and this was his favorite hotel - the atmosphere can't be beat - and having dinner on the rooftop patio is really a nice way to unwind at the end of the day. It was too cold to swim but the pool looked inviting nonetheless. We had some regional specialties at dinner which were very good. To get paella you need to order a couple of hours in advance - we didn't know that so couldn't have it but I would recommend doing that. There is an old Arab fort/castle you can visit or at least walk around. The town is built into a hillside - very quaint. They didn't speak English at the hotel and I thought we paid in advance because I booked online with a credit card BUT we didn't - that just reserves your room - so definitely remember to pay at the end. If we were staying longer I would have liked the rooms with the balconies overlooking the valley. This hotel is about an hour and a half from Granada.

Room tip: Pick the rooms with the balconies.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Just off the highway we were looking for a place to stay the night. Found the hotel on TripAdvisor and went to check is out. Extraordinary house in a quiet historic little town. Very friendly and helpful staff. For non-Spanish speakers, Juan is the man as his English is impeccable. Isabel and Lolli are equally friendly and an invitation to practice some Spanish ;-)
Had some afternoon food and dinner. One improvement area would be the fries alongside the meat. They should be more crisp.
Very recommend in our humble opinion.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely stay at one of the suites on may 12th, the weekend of the “Romería”. We arrived late at night but they offered us to have something for dinner. The place was really quiet and calm even though the village was on its festivity.
The suite was huge and very comfortable with a balcony and nice views of the olive trees.
I would strongly recommend to visit the village, the castle ... and the hotel for sure.
Thanks
Regards

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Nice room with interesting decor, good bathroom, fantastic view from the 'superior' room with a balcony big enough for table and a couple of chairs. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Our spanish is not very good but we enjoyed trying to be understood.
Great spanish food and reasonably priced. We would have liked to stay longer.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2017

My wife and I stayed one night here recently en route from northern France to the Algarve.

We selected this hotel after reading the previous TA reviews - they were right! Very friendly hotel staff, but beware that not many of them speak English so you'll probably need a little Spanish to negotiate the menu etc if the English-speakers have gone off duty (notably Julian, who has several languages and who is very helpful and welcoming).

The rooms are well equipped and are presented in an olde worlde way: quaint, quirky, and very comfortable. We even had a four poster bed with all-round lace curtains. There are no lifts so if you want to avoid climbing stairs you'll need to request a lower floor room - sadly, you'll miss out on the best views.

The bathroom was well equipped (again, in a throwback style) and very large (as was the bedroom itself).

We took a dip in the pool on the afternoon of our arrival - lovely and cool, very relaxing. Not a massive pool, but it did the job. And then we stretched out on the sunloungers and gazed out over the oceans of olive groves.

We ate at the hotel restaurant that evening - home made pate, venison stew, marinaded partridge, chocolate and coffee tarts. All very very good (prepared I think by Paulin) - and served by the lovely Isabel. Unfortunately Isabel had no English skills so we couldn't speak adequately about the food, her warmth and humour, the wines etc, but she was a magnificently attentive, friendly and efficient hostess. Isabel has a lovely sense of humour (her miming plus my poor Spanish got us through!!) and she and my wife kept each other in giggles throughout the meal. (Una pregunta [si, otra vez) para usted Isabel - quien es el loco?!?!! Usted, or mi mujer? No - no es mi!!)

Parking needs to be arranged in advance as the streets are narrow (the town was built around horseback travel, after all), but the under-building parking garage is fine.

Recommended? Yes, no question at all.
Would I return? Again, yes without hesitation.

Room tip: Lower to save your legs: higher for better views.
Date of stay: August 2017