Open today: 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$82.70
from US$71.06
from US$97.77
More Info
All reviews ferry service rottnest express loading and unloading bike hire quokkas lighthouse boat perth crew stern hillary deck skipper
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2021 via mobile

Although I grew up in W.A. this was the very first time my kids and I had visited Rottnest Island and with the faultless booking process, collection of hire bikes and efficient Ferry ride organised by Rottnest Fast Ferries made our inaugural trip to Rottnest Island all that more memorable. Thank you Rottnest Fast Ferries for your professional and highly enthusiastic staff.

Perth_AustraliaPhil, Director of Sales at Rottnest Fast Ferries - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2021

Dear Buzzdog,

Thanks for your review and your kind words. We are pleased that you had a great day on the Island with your family, and will share your comments with our team.

Phil Richards- Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 12 October 2020

Watching my grand daughter (who has never been to Rottnest) get so much joy out of meeting the quokas for the first time. The one down side was the fare for the boat was expensive for a one day trip, a large family would find the trip prohibitive

Date of experience: October 2020
Perth_AustraliaPhil, Director of Sales at Rottnest Fast Ferries - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2020

Dear Kimy318

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased that your grand daughter enjoyed he time with the Quokkas

Rottnest Fast Ferries works hard on providing our customers with the best possible value. We are constantly introducing discounts and specials into the market all year round. As Rottnest Island is an A Class reserve the ferry operators are bound by legislation to collect an Admission fee on behalf of the Government for every passenger that travels. This fee is included in your return ferry fare and goes towards the upkeep, maintenance and protection of this magical Island to ensure that it stays this way.

We hope to see you travel with us again and be sure to check out our specials page on our website for the best deals.

Phil Richards
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 7 October 2020

I just went on the weekend to Rotto just for the day leaving from Hillarys, rest of my family went for a couple of nights. A few of us from my family on Sat on the way over on the 10am boat were very sick. The young crew were so good to us, kept checking in and gave us wipes and more spew bags. I wanted this to be noted by the right person, they were very caring actually we were very sick

Basically very happy with the staff all round of this company :)

Date of experience: October 2020
Perth_AustraliaPhil, Director of Sales at Rottnest Fast Ferries - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2021

Thanks for your review, We are sorry that some of your party suffered from some sea sickness while on board our whale watching cruise. At Rottnest Fast Ferries we hire on attitude and customer focused employees.

Your comments are a perfect reflection of the value we place on our customers.

I have shared your comments with the team

Phil Richards - Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 5 September 2020

First day of the whale watching season and we extremely excited to find a mother and female calf, only about a month old according the very informative and entertaining biologist onboard. The Indian Ocean was fairly choppy but this promotes breaching activity according to the specialist and we witnessed an hour long display by mum and her calf. Very spectacular and mesmerizing.

There weren't many onboard so plenty of space for viewing on the bow of the vessel, although I would think on a full ship cruise this could be a little problematic.

The staff are very competent, ably led by Captain Geezer and their friendly and caring nature was gratefully received by those who stomachs weren't quite up to the task .

Highly recommend this trip but do remember there are no guarantees of finding these beautiful creatures in all that ocean.

Date of experience: September 2020

Dear Mike G

Thank you so much for your review, it is very much appreciated and has been shared with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back onboard some time soon

Phil Richards - Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 16 August 2020

I bought this package thinking it would be easier. The minibus picked us all up around our accommodations in Perth and took us to Hilary's harbour. It did all this far too early meaning we arrived almost an hour too early and had to waste time hanging around in the drizzle before anything was open, until we were allowed to collect the bikes and start boarding the boat. This was a crap start to the day.

I collected my bike and was told I had a brand new one, and they were interested to see how I found it. However, it weighed a ton and as it turned out was completely pointless and unnecessary as there is a free bus service all around Rottnest Island and there's no need to bother taking a bike over there. I paid an additional refundable deposit that I was told would be back in my card in one week at the most.

The ferry left late but we did move at speed to Rottnest. Disembarkation was chaos and everyone needed to collect their bikes from the same place at the same time. I quickly realised my bike was far too heavy (I cycle a lot and was convinced the tyres were flat so got them checked out, no - just a crap heavy bike!) Cycled a little way before ditching the bike and finding out about the hop on/hop off bus service instead. Used the bus to travel all around the island at ease.

The ferry ride back to Hilary's harbour was fine until someone pulled an emergency lever and the ferry had to slow down to find out what was wrong, there was nothing wrong and this delayed us all by about 30 mins. Returned the bike when we got back and found my minibus and was dropped off near my apartment.

A week later no sign of the refund, I got back to the UK at the end of Jan and still no refund. I emailed and was told there must be a mistake and my credit card company must be delaying it. Waited and waited and in the end decided I must have missed it. No - 30 days after the transaction they refunded the deposit, after sitting on it all that time.

Don't bother with the ferry and bike hire package, there's no need to travel from Hillary's harbour unless you're staying there, and don't waste your time and energy on a bike - it's totally unnecessary and I really wish someone had told me this!

Date of experience: January 2020