All reviews resident cat marielle roy house cat old quebec quiet street light breakfast yogurt each morning fresh baked goods dufferin terrace two blocks home away from home top floor perfect location no elevator air conditioning small hotel
Reviewed 3 November 2015

My husband and I spent two nights at the Maison du Fort in Quebec City. From the moment Marielle opened the door and greeted us, I felt welcome and content. Our room was #9 on the 3rd floor and was absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful furnishings, super comfortable beds and very clean. The bathroom is modern and nicely appointed. If I were to choose two words to describe Marielle and Maison du Fort, I would say "charming and gracious". She is a wonderful hostess, providing coffee,tea and juice in the morning with delicious breakfast pastries. Marielle also assisted us in finding our way around the area, which, in itself , is a must see. Her location is absolutely perfect for the first visitor or repeat visitor to Quebec City. Oscar, the resident cat, is affectionate and sweet. I highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mem04
Reviewed 2 November 2015

My husband and I spent 3 nights in this charming, 12 room boutique hotel, we were in room no 9 on the 3rd floor which was up the steep stairs.
Maison du Fort is well positioned in the old town, close to points of interest and an easy walk to the river, funicular in the lower old town, restaurants and bars.
Our room was clean a good size, nicely funished, the queen bed and pillows were comfortable. There was no safe or fridge in the room and the wifi worked well.
The compact bathroom was clean, with the shower in the bath which has good water pressure. We were supplied with basic toiletries on the 1st day of our stay.
Muffins, cake, OJ, tea and coffee are supplied in the sitting room between 8am -10am.
Marielle was very helpful and friendly and assisted us with all our requests, Oscar the cat was a delight.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lindadownunder
Reviewed 1 November 2015

Beautiful room on first floor with wooden shutters and view of the street. Had one double bed. Very clean, nice bath, beautifully decorated with cat pictures and hand made needlepoint numbers on each room door. Marielle the owner is warm and welcoming, gave directions and information to all my questions. I love Oscar her cat. He meowed outside my door. He likes to come in to visit and then go back to his basket. The breakfast muffins are delicious, nice assortment of breakfast treats. When I go back to Quebec I will stay at Maison Du Fort. Owner also called the cab co ahead of my return to airport to make sure it picked me up on time and let me keep my luggage there so I could enjoy the city for a little longer. Just loved it

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor would be above street traffic
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank 49kitty
Reviewed 31 October 2015

We visited September 2015 with 2 other couples and could not have had a better location and accommodating owner! Rooms were immaculate and we made good use of the lovely common area at breakfast and the end of day, catching up with other guests on their day and suggestions on where to go next! We appreciated the owners kindness and assistance with our parking and car key issues!! We will not wait so long to visit this beautiful city and will definitely return to this charming establishment.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rialtakey
Reviewed 29 October 2015

We stayed in the top floor suite. Two lovely bedrooms and a kitchenette. There were lovely views of Old Quebec from the suite. Wonderful location, walking distance to everything we wanted to see. Marielle was a wonderful hostess and very helpful for tours, restaurants, etc. Loved the resident cat.

Room Tip: As there is no elevator and three floors, you might want to choose a room accordingly.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends