All reviews choice hotels minute walk interesting neighborhood old town continental breakfast was included outdoor lot within walking distance front desk staff underground parking up hill adjoining restaurant an older hotel the hotel staff king bed the hotel's restaurant would stay here again trip to quebec city
Reviewed 3 January 2016 via mobile

This is an older hotel that has its own charm and is situated in a relatively nice business and shopping area.

Very accessible by busy and you can walk up to the Upper Town via stairs or elevator within 20 minutes. The hotel is a nice leisurely 15 minute walk to the Via Rail station and a few minutes more to the Old Town.

I would recommend the Hotel Royal William if you can get it for a good deal. I got it for about fifty five Canadian via Hotwire.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Sophie S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Royal William, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thank you very much for your time ! It's such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us ! We hope to see you again !
Best regards,

Reviewed 2 January 2016

I got a great deal with my boyfriend on Expedia for a room in that hotel. If you are the kind of traveler that is looking for a good room in a great location and good service it's your place.
The only problem I found is that I went to the city in winter, got cold and my room had no bath. The shower is not the greatest place to warm up fast.

Beside that, If you are like us on a backpakers travelers budget, it was a great room. We had a breakfast included with great service and it's a great spot If you are traveling to the city for the first time.

Room Tip: The best advise I can is to communicate with the hotel before you reserve
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your nice feedback ! We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Royal William ! We hope to welcome you again in your next stay in Quebec city !

Reviewed 2 January 2016

We just returned from Quebec City for our Christmas holiday and stayed at the Royal William. I do no understand any of the complaints that are listed on tripadvisor for this hotel.. We booked through Hotwire so our rate was incredible and included breakfast. The short walk to the old city was lovely and there is an elevator:) We were close to MEC for me, Urban Outfitters for our teenager and a pub for daddy daycare. Lovely service, a clean room with lovely high ceilings and professional, personal service. We will be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback, it's really appreciated !
We are proud to read that you enjoyed your stay with us ! We hope to welcome you soon for your next stay in Quebec city ! Best regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2015

I stayed for two nights in a room with a queen-sized bed. It had everything that you want: Flatscreen-TV, Coffee-machine and a fridge (empty). For the relatively low Price, I paid, the room was really good.
Since I was a bit ill, I spent a lot of my time in the room. One disadvantage was that the heating in the bedroom stops heating at 24°C and it is not possible to set it higher than 24°C (Just the heater in the bathroom allows for higher temperatures).

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a good review ! It's such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay ! Thank you again !

Reviewed 30 November 2015

Was in Quebec for a work assignment on a Saturday night and brought my wife who figured after a day of exploring to relax, have a bath, watch tv, and browse the internet. Got there early about 1pm in hopes of an early check-in but no such luck. We figured as much when woman at desk walked by us to open luggage room for someone else, with no 'un moment si vous plait', or one moment please as she walked by and we were forced to wait unattended.
We asked what time our room might become available and it was strictly 4pm, check-in time. usually I am accommodated in these situations and if I'm assigned a specific room that isn't ready, I'm often told to come back in an hour or so. I had to shower, change and get ready and be out the door by 4:30 so time was tight for me. We did come back at 3:20 and tried then and somebody different got us in our room right away, so hats off to him.
Room was nice enough,but didn't have bath, no big deal for me and I guess more and more the norm but wife was a bit disappointed.
Problems began with the TV, I was out and partner was getting was snow on TV. Remotes are complicated these days, I'm sure a 9-year-old might have fixed it with ease but she couldn't and called the front desk. Said they were going to send someone up and then--nothing. Called back and guy came and couldn't fix it. Said he would send somebody else, and then--nothing. Second guy couldn't do anything either.
The temperature in room was also very warm and they don't trust guests with their own thermostat. Instead you are to call down to front desk to adjust temperature. It was at 24 and she likes it about 18. After the call it went no lower than 18.
In the morning, I was able to play around with remote and sure enough, got a picture in 2-3 minutes, no idea what I did, but press enough buttons, and something will happen. It's a shame nobody on staff could do the same.
She described wifi as spotty and not great.
So here are my issues, I don't care if things break, it happens. But if you have what may be complicated stuff on hand, have people who may be well versed with the product, I'm and idiot and I figured it out. Even then, I'm ready to forgive, what gets me is when you call down to front desk and ask for service, and nothing happens. She had to call back and remind them twice for tv and her call for thermostat, nothing happened.
Positive points were the room itself and no problems with location. Breakfast was nice and you get continental which nothing special, but if you wanted anything different, you paid the difference. I'd say definitely go with this option and you can have a nice sit-down breakfast of bacon and eggs with juice and coffee for 2 bucks. Be sure to tip waitress on full amount though, even if you take the freebie, common sense they fully deserve it.
No mention of problems when checking out or even, how was your stay?
They also have a policy of running your credit card for $200 in case you smoke in your room and then giving you the credit when you check out. Not a fan of this and I know it bugs some more than others.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Best regards,