All reviews place to stay two double beds enjoyed my stay rooms are small coffee maker old city sauna quebec parking comfort canada
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights, really nice and clean, the staff also very friends even they can speak good English but they try to help us to found out different information!
And the pool , spa and sauna are clean and nice.
If u love swimming and sauna like me, you must try this motel!! Only the wifi is not free!!!!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
hotelchateauguay, Gérant at Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Thank you for giving us a review on your stay, this is highly appreciated.

Reviewed 15 April 2016

We arrived towards 11pm. The gps systems don't seem to be "au fait" in Quebec, so we had a bit of a last mile wandering! One gps (google!) took us to a building site. In any case, having arrived we were more or less welcomed at the reception. I had prepaid through Travelzoo. The receipt I received was a payment in my name for a mastercard. On questioning whether this was an extra charge, the man said it was a virtual card. I was still confused, but it was late and we had had a long day. I worked out that my receipt actually detailed what the motel got from Travelzoo. They make a good percentage! As has been mentioned by others, the room was cold, although it was a late winter April night. The room warmed up quickly though and the wifi was extra $5 so we declined because we just needed sleep.Room was clean, cleaner than many we have used at higher prices. We didn't use the pool etc but the facilities looked clean. The continental breakfast was what could be expected a the price. Still, cereal, toast, muffins, coffee, tea, self served in a large dining room is ok at the price. We paid $55, and I expect you might get it cheaper if you booked direct. I slept well. No traffic noise, or any other strange sounds.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for giving us a review on your stay, this is much appreciated.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

We stayed here for 3 nights at the end of February. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet with very comfortable beds. We had a fridge and microwave. Free wi-fi if you book directly with the hotel, and there was a small mandatory daily charge for the phone, but it allows unlimited local and long distance calls (very handy). The pool was spotless, but often busy. I believe the hotel allows locals to pay to use it. Best times would be around 9:00 a.m. to noon. Breakfast is an extra $1.99 - we brought our own, but the breakfast room was clean and spacious, and the options seemed fine. My only negative comment is that although my French is pretty good, two of the three people we dealt with at reception could not speak English. One person was completely bilingual. In an emergency, or even if the hotel wants to increase its appeal to tourists, bilingual staff on the front desk is needed. But overall - very pleased with the place and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: It may be quieter to be away from the breakfast room.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
hotelchateauguay, Gérant at Hotel Motel Le Chateauguay, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Thank you for your reviews.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Our room was very small and cold when we arrived. I was expecting a decent room from the pictures, but instead we were very disappointed. The bathroom was so small, the sink wasn't in the same room. There was no WiFi, or you had to pay for it I should say. Breakfast was $2 which was reasonable, but I thought the room I booked was $65, only to find out it was almost $100 when we got there. Even though there was a few other people with children ( including myself), I wouldn't day this is a family hotel.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for your reviews, it helps us improve.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

Whenever I travel I always look for the cleanest, but cheapest, room I can find. In this case, since we planned to be spending lots of time outdoors and since I had two kids with me, we also wanted one with a pool and hot tub. Hotel Motel Le Chateguay was the only place in Quebec that stood out on all counts.

It did not disappoint. The room was clean and comfortable. Parking was available right in front of the door to our room. Even though it snowed every day that we were there, including one day with over a foot, the parking lot and our car were always clear.

The one downside to our room was the shower in the bathroom. The water could not hold a consistent temperature. It would be set on a warm, comfortable temperature, but then two minutes later would switch to scalding hot followed a couple of minutes later by freezing cold. It made showering an unpleasant experience.

The kids loved playing in the indoor, heated pool, which they did for hours on end. I relaxed in the hot tub and in the sauna. The hot tub was only kept at 98 degrees, though, and the controls for it were locked. It would have been nice to have it warmer. Towels were available at the pool, but by the evening the towel rack was often empty.

Be aware that with the great rate per night you get only what you pay for. If you want extras that would be included at pricier motels you must pay for them a la carte. Wi-fi will run you $5 per day per device, continental breakfast $2 per day per person, and a microwave in the room will set you back an extra $10 per night.

If you are like me and looking for a clean and inexpensive motel with a pool and hot tub then Hotel Motel Le Chateguay is your best option in Quebec City.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank RogerAnthony

Thank you for giving us a review on your stay, this is highly appreciated , we will follow up on the shower. It's a pleasure to see you again.