1,647 results
All reviews chez boulay great location old quebec paillard valet parking stairs to climb rue st street level within walking distance tim hortons indoor pool lovely hotel hotel restaurant your luggage restaurants and shops mobility issues no elevator
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for several days when visiting Quebec city. We really love this hotel! The next time we return to the city, we will return to the Manoir Victoria. The rooms were modern and updated, super clean, and offered plenty of room and comfort. The refrigerator minibar was nice too and offered drinks/ snacks/ candy. The pool has a lifeguard on duty- which was nice when traveling with kids. Although we didn't use the spa, it looked fantastic and we would like to visit on the next trip. If I had one suggestion, it would be that the breakfast staff was a bit more attentive. When dining at the hotel for breakfast, our party of 6 felt more like we were a nuisance to them rather than a guest. Items we requested were forgotten (seemingly ignored) or curtly responded to. Maybe we got the wrong serving staff that day, who knows. However, the items offered for breakfast were delicious and there was a huge selection on the buffet.... But I will say, that attitude did NOT carry to the rest of the staff. Everyone else we encountered at the front desk, valet, maid service... they were all very kind and attentive. Will definitely return to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank NCmomof2toddlers
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We found the staff warm and welcoming and the room was charming and comfortable. The location is perfect as you can walk to everything. Although breakfast is not included, you can either enjoy a buffet in the adjoining restaurant or visit the attached pastry shop that has a large selection of food...when we return, this is where we will stay❤️

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jpankpan
Reviewed 24 June 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Manoir Victoria in late June of 2017. From the moment we got there, we were treated like family. I pulled up to the front door not knowing where to park. From that moment on, Fredrick took care of everything. The car was parked, the bags removed and taken to our room with a delightful smile and wonderful attitude. Anytime I tried to help with anything, Fredrick said “You’re on vacation!” The hotel staff we all wonderful; the room was clean, and the bed was one of the most comfortable that we’ve ever slept in. The hallways were also remarkably quiet. The location of the Manoir Victoria is ideal for those who want to see Quebec City. Just a few minutes from Le Chateugh Frontenac and in the other direction, the charming Rue St. James with its shops and restaurants. Right in the middle of where you want to be when visiting Quebec City. I highly recommend the hotel and would stay there again without a doubt when visiting Quebec City. It’s a gem and I’m glad we found it. Tip: The upper floors give the best views.

Room Tip: The upper rooms have the best views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fairbanks2
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I was a member of a group who made the five night booking at this hotel. It is on the side of the hill in the Upper Town so its location is excellent for exploring the area on foot. On entering the front door one is faced by a long wide staircase to the lobby area. I walked up the stairs with my small suitcase but there is a continually staffed group at the bottom who take care of luggage and no doubt know where the elevator to the lobby floor is located. Having surmounted that hurdle all from there on is great. The lobby personnel are very helpful from A to Z, the double elevators to the sleeping rooms are responsive with little delay. Buffet breakfast every morning was plentiful with many hot and cold items available. We ate one dinner here and it was excellent. The hotel offers Nordic cuisine and our fresh haddock was beautifully cooked. It was preceded by a butternut squash soup to die for. The sleeping rooms are luxurious with plenty of space and all expected amenities. The washbasin counter easily accommodated my clutter, the safe was easy to use, and the free Wi-Fi reception was good. In summary the facilities were better than I have at home so have no complaints. But what I do not know is the cost of the stay.

Room Tip: I suspect all floors in all directions are quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tony1784
Reviewed 23 June 2017

We recently spent 3 nights at this hotel and everything was absolutely outstanding. The room was spacious, spotless and had all the amenities we needed. The front desk and valet staff were friendly and extremely helpful with recommendations for both restaurants and sight seeing. Customer service is top notch as this property!

The location is in Old Quebec and is within walking distance to many beautiful Quebec City landmarks.

My husband thought he may have left a small piece of medical equipment behind. He called the property to see if it had been turned in. They did a thorough sweep of the room, called the laundry company and asked the cleaning staff if they found it and then called us back with their response.

Valet car parking was worth the $27/day to have our car safely tucked away in a secure area in an underground garage.

We had dinner at Chez Boulay Bistro, which is attached to the hotel, and we would definitely recommend this fine dining room. See review under the restaurant section.

We would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple