See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very dirty and disgusting. The WiFi sucks, the room smelt bad immediately upon entering and the customer service is bad. Oh and there's a 10pm room for no visitors that you're not informed about until you pay. Housekeeping woke me up when it wasn't even time for me to leave. Sheets were dirty and so was the shower. I'm pretty sure they haven't cleaned the carpets in years. Stay away.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I was a little worried about booking here, it was very short notice as we were waiting for the line-up to be released for Osheaga. Honestly though i think the place is fine. Its old and run down but it is very functional and the rooms have everything you need for a few nights. The bed was comfy, the room was clean and the bathroom was fine. I read a lot of complaints about the air conditioners outside of the rooms being noisy, i actually found them to be fine. You can hear them slightly but if anything those kind of noises help me sleep. The Wifi however is terrible, if you are depending on Wifi for your trip DO NOT stay here. The location is perfect, right next to Berri metro station which connects to three of the four metro lines in Montreal.

Room Tip: Basement rooms seem cooler and less affected by the air conditioner noise
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I was travelling for a conference and found this cheap Hotel, but it is crap.

WiFi:
There were no WiFi at the room where I stayed, and at the reception (where there were WiFi) it was glitchy, unstable and slow (about 5-10 kb/s download). Hence it is impossible to stream or anything similar.

Breakfast:
Consisted of a very generic muffin (think of the cheapest muffin you can buy at a grocery store) and something that resembles a croissant (it was very buttery and soft).
Juice and tea/coffee and that's it. - So all in all, great if you want to have diabetes
If they wanted to be truly "Europenne" then they should at something to that breakfast with some substance like (non-sugary) cereals and milk or at least a real bread (which is not base entirely on sugar, white flour and butter).
I ended up only drinking coffee.
Luckily they do provide a fridge on the rooms, so you can buy your own breakfast stuff - but then the point of breakfast included dies completely.

Cleanliness:
I am usually quite forgiving on this point, and the room was 'fine', although the bath was yellow with chalk in the corners, a base for bacteria. For people with allergies, the room has carpet on the floor - hence there might be dust mites hidding there.

Toilette equipment:
Towels etc. was fine.
The soap included dried my hands completely - to a point where it was quite uncomfortable - I bought my own quite fast. Also the shampoo included comes in small plastic pockets that are awfull hard to open (especially with wet hands in the shower) - I also question whether it is healthy to use (filled with parabens etc.) - Again I bought my own quite fast.

Staff:
Seem okay - but not very service-minded.
I saw a women and her daughter asking for help to carry down their luggage and the receptionist was like: "really, do you want me to do that??" he did it, but it was clear that he was displeased with it.

Room Tip: avoid rooms that end on a higher digit (i.e try to get rooms 21-24, 31-34, 41-44) otherwise you will have no in-room wifi
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2017

The guy at the reception at night time seemed unfriendly and hostile, worse is that there are bed bugs in this hotel. We didn't notice until the last day and now I'm covered in bite marks and had to go to the hospital. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vesari B
Reviewed 23 September 2016

They're trying to cheat customers. We booked the room through booking.com. On arrival they made us pay twice as much. After refusing, they tried to take money from our credit card. Of course, we heard a lot of insults. In the end, we were forced to look for another place. Be careful. I've never felt so threatened. The owners are Hindu and threatened us because we were women.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends