“Good, solid choice”

Koreana Restaurant
Ranked #1,277 of 3,112 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Koreana Restaurant, Ottawa's fine Korean dining. We seat over 100 people and all our tables are equipped with Korean BBQ grills to ensure your food is cooked exactly to your liking. Choose from a large selection of fresh meats and vegetables. Our restaurant is fully licensed and we even have free parking. We even do takeout and cater large events. We look forward to serving you soon!
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Went here for dinner. Food was great. Service was good too. We went on a Saturday night at 6 pm. No complaints. We were in and out in 30 minutes. Affordable for university students.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Lovely Korean BBQ spot. Food is always on point. The value is also great. The only reason I am giving this a 3 star and not a 5 star rating is the service. The service is also the reason we don't go here as often as we would otherwise. Even with the button at the tables which rings for service, we often are left at our table for long periods of time. We even signal to the servers, looking at us directly, and they just keep on doing something else. This happens even when the restaurant is relatively empty. This is the major issue in this place, which needs to be fixed. With proper and attentive service, this would be a no-brainer 5 star review. I know some people that have had other experiences with the service, but it has been very consistent with me (I have been there over 15 times, with about 13-14 times with terrible service). Some highlights of the service: had to ask several times for the same thing, had issues actually getting someone to come to our table, servers were grumpy or seemed not to care.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

I loved the food! I had the bibimbap and pork gyoza and they were both delicious and well priced. There was a good mix of lesser known and popular dishes on the menu, all decently priced. The service was okay, though nothing special and I don't recall the decor or ambiance being anything special either, but it was still and all around good experience.

1  Thank Meaghan P
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Went there with a friend around 6 PM on a Friday. The upstairs was empty, but got busier within an hour.
We did the AYCE menu - tried all 3 kinds of meat (pretty good), California rolls and salmon sushi (very meh, I wouldn't order again), fried beef dumplings (good), side dishes (I mostly enjoyed seaweed and daikon), Korean pancakes (ok). The bibimbap was very bland, the egg on top was almost fully cooked, but runny. They did bring us a new fresh egg when asked. The service was very good and fast at the beginning, but once the restaurant git busy, we had to buzz to even get a water refill.
Overall I enjoyed it. Even though I'm giving it an "average" rating, I may be back.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

We were a very large group and I was prepared to cut some slack on the service. But for mediocre quality food we got slow, grumpy and inefficient service. Had to ask for same things multiple times. Understand that perhaps there wasn't energy staff on duty but if the place has space for and caters to large groups, need to make sure they can deliver.

As for food, my expectations were low and they were met.