“Moved from downtown to the Mall”
Review of Trattoria Timone

Good for: Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food. Moved out to the Mulitplex mall years ago after being downtown in Oakville. Best in the area.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service and food are excellent. We had ordered three appetizers and six main course. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. Photo of our dinner attached.
Would recommend this to friends.

1  Thank O9399PAcindys
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So full disclosure here...we've eaten at Trattoria Timone a number of times but my last official review was in 2016. Generally every visit has been positive until this week so despite the poor rating this time, we intend to return. This visit may just have been an anomaly. When I booked the reservation I added in the comments field; birthday celebration.
As usual the restaurants reservation system performed perfectly and we were seated immediately. At the time the restaurant was nearly deserted but did fill up quickly over the subsequent hour. The wait staff and drink orders were taken fairly quickly so no issues there. We ordered the Burrata appetizer, a GF pizza & the special Jumbo Seafood ravioli. Though the restaurant substituted arugula with a balsamic dressing for the figs on the Burrata appetizer, it was tasty. But it was all downhill after that (except for the young women & men keeping water glasses filled - they were great) The main entrees were just not to the same level of quality we've enjoyed in the past at the Trattoria. The seafood inside the ravioli was good but the pasta and sauce were not as light and tasty as usual. And the pizza was just about all crust with little sausage, cheese, olives & tomato sauce. After we finished we still had 35 minutes to get next door to the theater so looked forward to a little dessert & after meal special coffee. But no waitstaff. After waiting more than 30 minutes for our server to show up, we gave up. Now my wife had to run to get movie tickets while I waited for the bill. Finally he came and then I had to wait for him to come back with the machine. He never showed up and another waiter had to finish the transaction. No recognition of my wife's birthday and very shoddy service. Didn't expect that from a restaurant that has been so on point so many times in the past.
I hope they see my review as constructive feedback as we don't want to see this restaurant fall into mediocrity.

1  Thank towerpants
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It’s a romantic place and worm and the food was perfect and the service was actually good too and i would really go again. Ps crab cakes were amazing

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank MaickelGreis
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Great meal and ambiance ....a little tough to hear with all the noise as the restaurant was completely full . Just a sidenote on service ..why was my waitress always checking her cell phone ??? She could have been a little more attentive looking back . Overall great place as I've been here several times before but the cell phone thing with my waitress did bother me. If it happens again I will mention something to her personally .

3  Thank belloooooooo