“Great evening”

Churchill Lounge
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Churchill Lounge: Where Luxury meets comfort and quality. Step into the past with this Classic Lounge Atmosphere offering a Premium, Seasonally Inspired Menu. We have done the research to provide you with the best in Classic Cocktails, Fine Wine, Local & Import Craft Beer and a selection of Tasty Non-Alcoholic beverages. Home of the Famous "$5 Churchill Burger"
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Wonderful atmosphere food and service. Went there after a matinee at the Shaw Festival. Welcoming staff and an excellent selection of wine and beer. We had a delicious dinner. Certainly wiill return.

2  Thank Howard S

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stumbled upon this place while visiting Niagara on the Lake, and loved it. Great old school ambiance, nice selection of menu options (including a burger and poutine, which we enjoyed—although the poutine was somewhat stylized and could have used a bit more curds and sauce).

But the best part of the experience was the service. Our server, Taylor, made us feel totally welcome from the moment we poked our heads in. He was attentive and friendly without being overbearing, and always knew exactly when to come by for our next order. And we were enjoying the environment and live music, so we stayed for a while.

When we needed a little something sweet to go with our last round of drinks, Taylor came up with just the perfect creative solution. I wish every bar had someone like Taylor!

2  Thank NewYorkLu
Reviewed 16 May 2018

The hamburger included in the Wednesday special is 8 oz. and I found it to be of excellent quality at a great price when one adds the price of the beverage. Given the portion of the hamburger, I suggest the salad versus the fries. I strongly suggest visiting the Churchill Lounge prior to 4 p.m. for two reasons: first, to avoid the eventual stampede; second, if you sit at the bar, to talk with Rick between him serving drinks which I have found that his shift usually ends at 5 p.m. at the bar. Rick not only provides excellent service, but can add to the meal with stories of Niagara-on-the-Lake prior to its current popularity. The atmosphere is that of an old smoking room with dark panelled walled library, with winged chairs – which is a torture for me as I would love to have had a cigar after this excellent meal. A consolation is having a smoke on one of the benches that line the street near the Lounge. I am unaware of any complimentary parking, but there is plenty of paid parking surrounding the hotel. The hotel may advise otherwise. Great food, great service, great price, great atmosphere – one can only say that the Wednesday Hamburger special at the Churchill Lounge is a ‘Wales’ of a meal.

1  Thank Brock1812
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

We had drinks and dessert here on Mother’s day while staying at the Prince of Wales. The lounge is finished in a classic decor with dark woodwork, leather chairs and a fireplace.
The drink menu is expensive and there is a decent food and dessert menu.
We were surprised with live music which topped the evening off nicely!

2  Thank Calum M
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Thoroughly enjoyed our meal, live music on friday night was great. We will definitely be back. Very friendly atmosphere.

2  Thank Blingmama77