“Sunday dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Very busy when we arrived but the place was almost empty when we left. If we had gone for 6:30 instead of 6 we could have walked right in. Food was very good, especially the roast beef dinner and prime rib.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Sat & Sun Prime Rib is a special, with choice of potato, veg. rolls and desert included in the price. Senior Fish fry and desert all the time.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My family usually comes to this place when in town and the steak is usually my preference of choice and I just say it's always been great! Don't let all the cars in the parking lot fool you, the place is huge and but always busy. I haven't tried as I'm not huge with fish and chips but have heard this place is amazing with their fish. And on fish days it does smell like a wonderful fish and chips place. Definately worth the visit. Great fair prices, good portions

Reviewed 16 March 2018

My folks would drive in from out of town to this place all the time and rave about the fish and chips. I was out with a friend for her birthday and as we were driving through Chippewa we decided to stop for lunch.
We arrived around 1:00 pm on a Thursday and there were a lot of cars in the lot, we managed to get seated right away at one of the few available tables. The crowd here is definitely older but I sort of expected that.
I started off with Cream of Mushroom Soup ($3.99) which was one of their Soups of the Day, and must say that I thought it was quite nice with plenty of mushrooms.
My friend and I both decided to go with the Fish and Chips ($14.99), which is what they are famous for. The fish servings were plentiful with a side of fries and cole slaw. The fish was good, I didn't think as outstanding as my folks always said it was, the side of fries were nice and crisp although I would have liked for a few more. My friend had a tea ($2.89) and I had a ginger ale ($2.89) and for dessert I treated myself to a very nice piece of blueberry pie ($4.29) which was quite good but would have been nice if I had been offered to have it heated, or served with whip cream or ice cream.
Bonnie was our server and seemed a bit unenthusiastic, and we wouldn't see her for extended periods of time. I would have hoped for better service.
Overall the food was pretty good, and it was all a good value. The menu has lots of comfort food options, and I wouldn't mind returning to try something other than the fish and chips. Overall I think this place with well worth a visit.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I went on a bus trip to the Niagara area and this is where we went for dinner. It was my very first time at this restaurant and I would certainly go back again.