9,054 results
All reviews clifton hill hard rock cafe corner suite rainforest cafe great view resort fee small balcony buffet restaurant indoor waterpark valet parking rainbow bridge water park self park floor to ceiling windows city view canadian side casino niagara
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2019

This was our families first trip ever to Niagara Falls and everyone suggested we stay near the falls and get a fallsview room, so we did at the Seraton on the Falls. We arrived at the hotel at 3pm and pulled into the temporary parking lot to check in. There we were greeted by Sam who was AWESOME! Sam asked if we needed assistance, which we said yes to. He took our bags, walked us to the hotel and waited as we checked in. Mohammed was the one checking us in. I confirmed with Mohammed that we got a Falls View room, and he said that is the only clean room at the moment and "you will not be disappointed". We told Sam what room we were given, and he said he would meet us there in a few minutes. We check in, I open the curtains and my view is A PARK! How is that a falls view room? Oh wait, if I strain my neck and look all the way to the left, there are the falls. Sam comes up and asks us how we liked the room, and I tell him that I was disappointed. Well, he goes into action. He calls the front desk, explains to them that we are not happy and immediately tells us to grab our things and that we are going get what we paid for and takes us to a falls view room. The room was somewhat small, but it definitely provided spectacular views for the falls. There was a couch and a coffee table in the room, which I immediately turned to face the falls. As I turned the couch, there was a ton of filth, dirt, 3 small pieces of chocolate, and garbage underneath the couch and bed. Obviously no one had vacuumed under the couch in a long time. No worries, we got the falls view room. I go back down to park the car and I go to the casino to save a few dollars. Later on I found out that if you are a SPG member, valet parking and parking on your own are the same price. The hotel owns the casino parking, so you still have to pay $40/night to park there. Tip: You are not allowed to go in and out of the parking lot, unless you want to pay every time. I come back to the room after parking the car and notice how warm it is in the room. I lower the AC all the way down to 60 and we leave to walk along the falls. We come back, hours later, to a room that feels like a furnace. We go to bed that night and I could not sleep. Even though it was 40 degrees outside, our room was an oven. Eventually I got up in the middle of the night and opened to window to cool off the room, which somewhat worked. The next morning, after a night of no sleep, I called the front desk and told them of the problem and I was told that someone would be right up to fix the problem. We go out for the morning, come back to a warm room. I go downstairs to speak to someone and once again am told that someone would come up immediately to fix the AC problem. We leave, and come back hours later...to a warm room. I go back downstairs for the 3rd time around 8pm and am told yet again, that someone would come up to fix the problem. About 15 minutes later 2 maintenance guys show up. Within 2 minutes the 1 guy tells me that it's obvious no one had been to the room because the vents were closed, which he opens. He then proceeds to replace the filter which was filthy. He then hooks up a machine to the AC, not sure if it was like freeon or something similar. Immediately the room started getting cooler (but it was short lived). He apologized profusely for the problem and said he was going to notify management so that they know what had happened. 15 minutes after he leaves I get a call from Janine asking if the AC is working, which at that time was, and I tell her yes. She apologizes for the inconvenience and let's us know that she will give us free breakfast the next morning. I asked if we can get our parking comped as well, and after a few seconds, she agreed. Between those 2 things, she saved us $180 ($80 for parking and $100 for 2 adults and 2 kids to eat at the buffet in the casino), which was very nice.
Overall the location of the hotel is excellent. The hotel needs updating, which there was construction while we were there. Unfortunately our experience was very disappointing, and even with the manager giving us a couple of freebies, there were too many negatives, and I don't think we'd come back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Nazoh34
TeamMarriott, Guest Services at Sheraton on the Falls Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2019

Dear Nazoh34,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are truly sorry for the experience you had with the temperature of your room and we appreciated your patience as we worked to fix it. This was undoubtedly an inconvenience, and proper steps will be taken to ensure this does not happen again. We appreciate your business and hope you will consider giving us another try.

Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

We had a great time the hotel was great close to everything mostly within walking distance of the attractions. It's a bit pricey but everything at the falls ate. But I always use my credit cards when possible as you get the best exchange rate for the time.

Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton on the Falls Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2019

Dear DrWade64,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton on the Falls Hotel during your Boys trip. We are glad we met most of your expectations and that you enjoyed our perfect location to explore all of the sights, sounds and tastes that the Niagara Falls area has to offer. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2019

We needed a break from our home renovations so we went to Niagara Falls for a couple days. We booked at the Sheraton on the Falls as we could get a good deal and we wanted to book a massage at their spa.

Driving there was easy enough, just take the QEW to the 420 and follow it into the Falls.

Be warned they charge you $35 a night for parking. And it is about a 15 minute walk from the garage to the lobby of the hotel, having to use a couple elevators to get there. We packed light so it was ok, but if you had a lot of luggage it would be a killer journey.

Check in was quick enough. We were on the 19th floor with a city view. Not much to look at out the window, good thing because the windows were very dirty.

We we given a wheelchair accessible room, so it was easy to get around in. The shower was huge. The room itself was clean and in good condition. The bed was comfortable but the duvet was very heavy, we had to take it off to sleep.

The big plus for the Sheraton is it is a very easy walk to the Falls. We got up early and went for a walk along the Falls and river. We were out at 7 AM and there was hardly a soul out at that time of day. By the time we got back at 10 AM the place was bustling with activity.

A nice touch they have is if you do not want to change out you linen's they give you a $5 coupon for Starbucks, so we went down and my wife got a free tea on our second day.

It was an OK stay, we may return there, but only if we want to be very close to the Falls.

Room tip: Splurge for the Falls view on an upper floor
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton on the Falls Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2019

Dear PawsMona,

We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback regarding your stay with us. Please accept our apologies for the issues you experienced as our guest, as it is never our intention to disappoint you in any way. We do our best to maintain high standards and regret that we fell short. We have shared your concerns with our team and we have taken corrective action to make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you again, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2019 via mobile

Great location waking distance to all
Glad I chose this over Marriott
Hotel under renovation in lobby so ask for a higher room
Staff was fine only complaint front desk didn't offer M club upon check in. $50 a day entire room gets free breakfast daily and nonalcoholic drinks/apps all day?
Walls are paper thin. Literally heard the person next to me brushing their teeth!
Overall great restaurants in lobby. Right around corner from. Clifton Falls ave (where all the action is)

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear beachgirl5162016,

Thank you for your review of the Sheraton on the Falls Hotel. We are delighted to learn how much you liked our excellent location. However, we regret that our front desk failed to inform you regarding our M Club. We have shared your comments to ensure this is not repeated in with the future guests. It was a pleasure to host you, and we hope to welcome you again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 26 April 2019 via mobile

Had a fallsfiew room with an awesome view of the falls. Starbucks and market in lobby for a quick snack. Staff was very helpful. Perfect location easy walking distance to all the attractions. Would definatly stay again if visiting the falls.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at Sheraton on the Falls Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2019

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the glowing review. We couldn't be more pleased that you had a relaxing stay and that you enjoyed the comforts of your room and the beautiful views of Niagara Falls. You can practically feel the mist! It was also a pleasure reading how much you liked our attentive staff and outstanding location a walk away from many attractions. Thank you for the gracious rating of the Sheraton on the Falls Hotel to future guests. We look forward to hosting you again soon.