Hotels.com
Expedia
FindHotel
Agoda.com
Trip.com
All reviews bed was comfortable front desk staff yogurt fridge and microwave one night stay nice stay thermostat pillows furnishings clerk stopover rates inns hall
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2019

The rooms are spacious with big washrooms. The best breakfast you can have, with the best choice of healthy food ever. Everytime we go to this area of Ontario, The Fairfield is definitely our home away from home. Convenient to many venues, too many to mention.
Outstanding, convenient location, just off Highway 400.

Room tip: Nice quiet rooms and fast elevators.
Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank Bernie G
DikranZ1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2019

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

We look forward to be at your service again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 July 2019 via mobile

This is our second time staying in Barrie. We stayed at a Travelodge Barrie last year because everything was fully booked then. We had an awful experience at that hotel so we decided to book a stay at this place as reviews were great. Boy, what a HUGE difference!!

Althought it's close to the highway, it is a quiet and safe location. Safety is my number 1 priority when we travel with our kids.

Rooms were clean, nice, king bed was very comfortable and the pullout sofa bed was also comfortable for my child. There is a microwave and a mini fridge in the room and also 2 tvs which is handy when you have kids. Bathroom is very clean.
The staffs at this hotel are extremely nice, polite and helpful. The breakfast were 2 different kinds of sausage patties, 3 different style of eggs, fruits, chocolate milk, oatmeal and waffles! Of course the usual cereal, toasts and bagels as well. They have a complimentary coffee/tea/hot chocolate and water station that runs 24 hours. This perk is extremely nice when my children decided to explore the hotel at night and then having a cup of hot chocolate before bed! Excellent foods and drinks!

Pool is small and when there are 5 other people in it, it feels crowded. We went in for a 5 mins dip and left. There is a small weights room as well.

Overall it was a worthy stay and surpassed our expectations. If you find the price a little higher than Travelodge, do it anyway!!! It is well worth the extra $$ spent.

The picture is the view from the parking lot when we checked it. Absolutely lovely city and hotel!!

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank eskyowl
DikranZ1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2019

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with our on line community.

Much appreciated!

We look forward to be at your service again in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2019 via mobile

Finally found a nice hotel to stay at in Barrie! It was clean, staff friendly & helpful, included breakfast had numerous options including hot items. Great location being close to restaurants, shopping, etc.

1  Thank Carol S
DikranZ1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2019

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

We look forward to be at your service again in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

Never got my virtual key. Went to check in and was assigned room 202.
Got to the room and since we were headed to a surprise party I wanted to take a shower after driving all day. Found NO TOWELS in the bathroom even though I had requested extra towels as well as toiletries. Sent my husband down to get some. Was undressing when housekeeping walked right in no knock or anything and told me she had towels. I asked her to drop them and go please as I was naked. She went into the bathroom and took about 5 min folding them just so. I was mortified. Standing in a corner trying to cover up. Went down to the front desk and told the guy who checked us in his embarrassing that was. He assured me that he was going to check the cameras. THAT'S IT. I'm sorry but if that is how you run things I will never be back.
When we checked out we had 2 bills emailed to us. Just waiting to make sure I wasnt charged twice for my embarrassment.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
DikranZ1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2019

Thank you very much for the feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.

We will be calling you very shortly to further discuss your recent stay with us.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

Having stayed in a few hotels I am not impressed. The room looked nice The reality - shower door broke and toilet ran all night. Front desk was not interested in helping. Also careful with choosing water temp in shower...YIKES!

I will say decor was good and the breakfast was set up well.

2  Thank S7133DHsaras
DikranZ1, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2019

Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated!

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. We will share your comments throughout our organization.