“Good View, Food, and Service”

The Flying Otter Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Flying Otter Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 1,262 Restaurants in Victoria
Price range: US$10 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Opened in 2009, the Flying Otter Grill brings to Victoria's beautiful Inner Harbour a one-of-a-kind dockside dining experience. Located on the Harbour Air Seaplane docks, the Flying Otter offers diners amazing west-coast food, a relaxed atmosphere and incredible views - all with an eye to customer value! We're a great place for lunch or dinner & are open seven days a week from 11am on. Come check out our great food features and incredible daily specials! Visit us today to see why we're a Victoria Favourite!
Reviewed 2 May 2018

We stopped for an early dinner here on a Monday evening and were lucky to find a seat on the outside deck; the weather was nice. Our server was quite attentive; he promptly brought a couple draft beers and a Bacon Wrapped Prawns app. The prawns were terrific; had plenty of smokey char flavor from the grill. The Thai Salad with prawns was also tasty in it's own way; however, I did not find much in the way of traditional Thai spices of flavoring. Nicely done.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,037)

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Every time I visit Victoria, I’ll visit this establishment at least once for 3 reasons:

1. Food quality
2. Location
3. Allergy friendly

Food: I’ve never had a bad meal here. My fave is the blackened halibut burger. It is spicy and delicious. I love the fruit salsa. Today we started with bacon wrapped prawns which were divine. Good selection of local craft beers.

Location: you are right on the water. It was so enjoyable watching otters play around the ward while we enjoyed our meal.

Allergies: they offer gluten free buns for an additional $2. I also have a dairy allergy and they customize my meal to accommodate.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Having visited The Flying Beaver every chance I get, I was excited to try the sister restaurant on my latest trip to Victoria. I ordered a local pint and my favourite, the calamari. You must order this dish. You must! I don't know if it is the work frying or the spices but it is addictive. A small dining spaces with the best views in town and a tasty meal to go with it. Try the nightly specials which are always a great deal and a great taste. Sign up for their frequent diner card and the more you visit, the more you can eat for free!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

It was a rainy day but this was within walking distance of our hotel. Found it disappointing. One most of seating is on a covered porch that I found to be colder than I like even with the heating units they had. My husband was comfortable. I got a broccoli& cheddar soup. It was very runny and no chunks of broccoli in it at all. Not what I like at all. I ordered fish & chips but the batter was so heavy on it that I ended picking it off so I could taste the fish. My husband got a salmon wrap but not much salmon in it. I would not go back.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Had dinner here. Pretty loud and crowded. More like a pub than a restaurant. Food was OK but since my wife and I don't drink our server seemed uninterested in us. Good place to head out for burgers and beers but that would be about it.

1  Thank Hans E