Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$77
FindHotel
Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2019 via mobile

This is a very large, well kept house with great hosts. We had a very comfortable queen suite with our own bathroom. Full use of the kitchen and barbecue if required. It’s a bit of a walk to the main restaurants but not a big deal. Lots of parking. I will warn that if you’re looking for a modern hotel feel with no interaction with hosts or other guests, then this may not be the place for you. We will definitely stay here again if we come back; after only two nights, the hosts feel like friends!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Our original reservation got messed up, so we found this place at the last minute and didn't read up on it ahead of time, thus we were not prepared for the self-catering kitchen arrangement. The kitchen was actually the owners' kitchen as well, and I really felt like I was intruding on their personal space. The owners were very nice people, and the room was clean. What put me off was the blanket draped over the bottom steps of the stairway, the towel on the floor in front of a window instead of a rug, the stains on the bedroom carpet in the Executive bedroom, and general clutter in the house. The complimentary toiletries were basic (shampoo, conditioner, soap), and not high quality. This property is run by a property manager; there were 7 other people staying there the night we were there. Again, I want to stress that the owners were lovely. I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We came to PR on the ferry from Ketchikan, heading back to the States. Unfortunately the ferry was delayed 8 hours, so instead of arriving in Prince Rupert at 10pm, we arrived at 6am. Obviously didn't get great sleep on the ferry, so we called ahead to ask if we could still check in and potentially have a late check out. The woman we spoke with was pretty terse and asked us to call back in a couple hours because she was trying to get some sleep (it was 6am). We decided to continue to the b&b to check in, but our name wasn't included with the other names on the door when we arrived, so we called again. She answered with "I thought you weren't going to call me again!", and we explained that we didn't see our name. She said "obviously no one is in there so just take the room" -- we were glad to, just didn't want to use someone else's room if they were still coming. We got a few hours of sleep before we woke up to leave, and never saw a single person. We understand that no one likes getting woken up with phone calls, BUT. If you are in the hospitality business in a ferry port town, claim to be a 24/hour check-in, leave your phone number on the arrival note that says "please call with questions", and write the wrong name on the arrival sheet... It doesn't make sense to be angry and unhelpful with your guests who have no control over the situation and are ALSO just trying to get some sleep in an unfamiliar town before starting a long drive. To top it off, it was our anniversary. Had we not desperately needed a few hours of sleep, we wouldn't have bothered with this place strictly because of the interactions we had with the host.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Andrea P, Manager at Eagle Close Executive Bed &Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

ferry changes can be challenging for everyone involved - including the people running the bed and breakfast. After a long day of running around to make changes for people cancelling, other people needing to stay longer, and waking up at 3am with other guests to make sure they don't miss a ferry - yes I was trying to get some sleep.
At 4:30 the phone rang - and after calling to cancel the room the day before these guests decided if it was possible they would still like to check in for a short sleep. no problem - i mistakenly wrote Joe instead of John on the note I put up on the door for these guests to show themselves in when they arrived [my mistake - it was late, I was tired]. A second call came 30 minutes later to say they would for sure be coming. A third call came 30 minutes after that to say they were about to head over ( that is when i got a little frustrated and mentioned that I was trying to sleep after a challenging day and they needed to stop calling me ). and finally a fourth call came to say they were at the house and the name on the note was incorrect.
To be fair the first phone call came at 4:30, the second call was 5am, the third call was at 5:30am and the fourth call came at 6am...... by the 4th phone call in the middle of the morning - it's quite true - i was not as pleasant as I could have been.

It was a hard day for everyone - and I am a real person too - doing my best and trying to accommodate everyone. Challenging circumstances, challenging day, and my sincerest apologies for not being as outwardly hospitable as usual.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Eagle Close is close to town and to the ferry terminal. Our room was comfortable and spacious. What made the experience for me was mentioning that I was looking for mustard and mayonnaise to assemble some sandwiches to take aboard the ferry the next day ...an hour later they appeared.

Breakfast is self-catered, there's lots of choice and the host is willing to meet dietary requirements. If you have mobility issues you should know that everything is located up a flight of stairs.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tall T, Manager at Eagle Close Executive Bed &Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We very much appreciate it

Reviewed 5 August 2017

The bed and breakfast has 4 guest rooms each with private bathrooms but shared kitchen and dining areas, separate from the owners. It is a good place to meet other travellers and swap stories. Breakfast is self serve, but there is plenty to choose from. You can also cook your own meals at other times of the day. The rooms are large and comfortable. They are located on the second storey so those who can't climb stairs would have problems.

Date of stay: August 2017