Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
eDreams
Expedia
US$86
View deal
Free cancellation until 06/02/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews great host the kitchen recommend staying here a great place to stay inside passage catch the ferry andrea trail hostess yard downtown bc
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021

I don't usually write reviews but feel I need to as the website for this establishment is outdated. When you look at the photos on the site, it is likely they were done many years ago. I did not recognize the property when I drove up and had to call. This is in a residential setting, about 4 feet from homes on either side, the West Suite where I stayed that claims a great veiw of the front yard, is literaaly the driveway full of vehicles right out your front window. The once grass in the front is now gravel, the yard is unkept, there is no where to sit and relax. When I entered the suite the first thing I smelled was mold, very badly, I had to leave all windows open at night so I could breathe. The paint is worn and damaged in spots, there were stains on the box spring, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, the towels were old and bleached out. The wine cork art you see on the wall of the 'West Suite' is all destroyed and hanging crooked covering a hole in the wall. There were no instructions on how to access breakfast, how to pay, do dishes, anything like that. I was asked what my plans were for breakfast the first day, she said it was 6-9, I said I had yoga at 9 and would not eat before. There was no offer of a bag breakfast after, the next day I had to leave early to catch the ferry, when I texted asking how she wanted me to pay, there was no offer of a breakfast to go at all. The host, is not friendly or approachable, I felt like a nuisance when I asked how I could wash my dishes., when I went to the main building to do this, she was not friendly in any way. The snacks and beverages supplied in the room. a dusty granola bar and outdated bag of oatmeal. The bed... not sure what happened there but it was as if it was broken in the middle and one half collapsed. The floor dips down when you walk on it. Over all if you are looking at the website, do not go off of that. I took pictures of the actual space and area, yard, and shared from my phone under the Bed and Breakfast. It is time to either, A. update the website to reflect what shape this place is actually in, or B. Invest some money in renovations, at the very least give this place a deep clean and some fresh paint. It feels dirty and uncomfortable. Save your $160 a night and stay somewhere that is current in representation, clean and comfortable. .

Room tip: Ask to check it out before you book, it is not honestly represented on the website.
Date of stay: September 2021
2  Thank O7291VQangelaf
Reviewed 1 September 2021

We arrived at the property around 4:30pm to find a note on the door with my name giving details of how to get in and where our room was located. I thought this was an easy check in as the door was unlocked. We had a bit of a mix up as we unpacked in the wrong room because I didn't read the note thoroughly. I was a bit disappointed with the room as it was not to my level of cleanliness. The dust on the ceiling fan and baseboards was very thick and there was cobwebs all over windows. The window blinds are too small for the windows, so be prepared to be waken by lots of light early in the morning.
When making the booking and when speaking with the hostess, I explained that we would be leaving at 5am on the early ferry. I was assured that this was no problem and she would be up to make us coffee. The driveway is just large enough to squeeze in 3 to 4 vehicles. When we arrived and unpacked, I needed to go out to the store. The hostess was talking to other guests who had invited a couple friends in to drink wine. I asked politely if the non-guests could move their van and they said ok. I then went outside and waited 15 minutes before honking my horn. I waited another 5 mins and then went inside again to ask them to move their van. Finally they left!
Before going to bed, I made the mistake of not checking the driveway situation. Andrea knew we had to leave early so I was sure she would make sure we could get out of the driveway. We woke up early and went downstairs for the coffee Andrea said she would make in her French press, but the house was silent and Andrea (hostess) was still sleeping. We decided to just leave, but then discovered that our truck was blocked in by a guest who arrived late. The hostess knew we had to leave early, so I don't understand how this happened. Unfortunately, we had to wake everyone up just to get out of the driveway. All the hostess had to say was "this is not good" and that was it. I mean no sorry for the inconvenience, do you want coffee, good bye...nothing. It was like the night before when she went out and left her 2 dogs in the kitchen. They were barking and sounding distressed so I went to check on them. Andrea came in the house at the same time and marched past me to her dogs without saying a word. I just lost my dog recently and love animals. This host accused me of taunting her rescue dogs. She told us they were rescues and bark a lot. She left them in the kitchen where they barked non-stop. I was truly worried about them.
This hostess should not be in this type of business! I have stayed in many hotels, resorts, airbnd, (Hidden by Airbnb) , etc. and never had any problems. Most of my reviews are very positive as I realize this helps future business. What a disappointing stay :( I would not recommend staying here.

Room tip: No room is my tip.
Date of stay: August 2021
2  Thank Norine P
Reviewed 28 December 2020 via mobile

Andrea’s place is absolutely amazing! Super clean, and everything is provided!! We are a family of 5, three young kids and all of us are very comfortable in the room. We would just come back for her homemade breakfast!! The kids are still talking about how good the hot chocolate was!! Amazing host, spacious room and delicious breakfast! Absolutely recommended!!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2020 via mobile

Was only here 1 night for business, but Andrea was a wonderful host. The accommodation is spotless and incredibly comfortable. I can’t wait to come back someday. The location is convenient to all amenities, yet secluded enough to be private and quiet.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2020

We drove 4000k and saw pretty much the whole province of BC plus Banff and Jasper. This place was our best stay. The huge jacuzzi tub helped us relax after days in the wilderness of Northern BC. The staff were friendly. It was the perfect recharge station before we got on the Inside Passage.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple