Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
All reviews the kitchen recommend staying here catch the ferry andrea host trail yard downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I booked the Tall Trees without knowing quite what to expect except that it was fairly cheap and seemed off the beaten track if a little worried that the description seemed too good to be true.

Then I arrived.

Yes, it was a very comfortable room, yes it came with free soda AND free wine, yes it was a three-room B&B about as removed from generic corporate hoteldom as anyone can get.

What I didn't expect was the amazing and friendly service, or quite how comfortable it would be, or the atmosphere— despite having only met Andrea when I checked in, I never actually felt like I'd essentially rented a room in a stranger's house despite that being technically what I'd done. The whole place has an atmosphere that's a little tricky to put into words; friendly, but also *personal* in a way that regular hotels just aren't.

Even leaving aside the service and atmosphere, the room itself had the comforts of a much higher class of hotel then I usually book, and yet it was only $100/night— less than the basic motel I booked in Juneau, AK just a few nights prior.

When I travel, the exact place I stay is something of an afterthought and determined only by price and a handful of very basic standards. However, I will probably make a point of passing through Prince Rupert on another trip just so I can stay here, and I will jam forks into my eyes if I ever say that about any hotel ever again.

Room tip: There are only three rooms, each of which is a bit different from the others. I stayed in the front room (the South Suite) but next time I'll try to book a different room for the sake of variety.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Scatterburst
Reviewed 22 October 2012

This was a great experience for us - Andrea is a wonderful hostess and provides a 5-star accommodation that you aren't going to find anywhere else in Prince Rupert! She was very helpful in helping us with a very late arrival time. If you are coming in on a ferry, or if you are just visiting Prince Rupert, this should be your choice!

Room tip: We stayed in the downstairs suite - very spacious and comfortable with nice tub and separate shower. The bed was really comfortable!
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vickie W
Reviewed 16 October 2012

The reviews before sounded as if Tall Trees would be the place we'd be happy to stay, off the beaten path, and nicer than a motel. The reality proved to be far better than what we had expected, even though our nights there were short. We knew that we'd be late arriving because of the ferry schedule, but a delay of over 5 hours due to fog at the start of Friday made me phone to warn Andrea, the owner of Tall Trees, that we'd be late - 4:15am rather than 1:15am. No problem she said, your beds will be ready, and just come in the front door, it will be open. True to her word, there she was when I opened the front door. She showed us to our rooms, and said that breakfast would be when we were ready for it. The other guests were having a breakfast about 9:45, so we said that would be fine. The accomodations were great - my room was by the door, but I heard nothing of others until I got up in the morning. As others have mentioned - the amenitites were great, and all you could ask for. The beds were wonderful (even more so after the bunkbeds of the Alaska Ferry). Breakfast was great - I had Andrea's french toast and my friend had an omelet. Andrea made us feel at home, and very welcome. When I asked about where to do laundry, she offered to do it for us - great when that is one of those time-wasting jobs when you're traveling. She told us how to take the trail to town, and recommended a restaurant for dinner - Dolly's. Both were great. We had to be up early on the Sunday morning for the train (as it turned out we could've slept in a bit later as the train was late leaving), and Andrea had made muffins and had coffee for us to get started on our day. We were really pleased with Tall Trees and would recommend it to anyone going to Prince Rupert. Oh yes, and my friend enjoyed the use of the DVD player in the room to see a couple of movies in his room.

Room tip: Don't think there is a bad room!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank CanadianJane1957
Reviewed 26 September 2012

A very positive experience with lovely king size comfortable bed and excellent service . The dogs were very welcome and all areas were well maintained and very clean.
Breakfast was anything and everything you could ask for.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank MackenzieCalgary
Reviewed 14 September 2012

What a great place to stay. There were four of us and we took the downstairs room and one of hte rooms upstairs. This place put some of the best hotels to shame. There were more amenities available in the room and bathroom than I have ever seen before. The young lady who owns and operates the place, sure knows what she's doing. The website is superb and you can believe and accept everything that is outlined... Great location, close to everything, especially Dolly's in Cow Bay....

Room tip: Fantastic main floor suite, pick this one if you can...
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple