Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$100
FindHotelUS$100
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 September 2019

My friend and I had the whole cottage to ourselves and 2 dogs when we visited for a few days this August. It was very clean, the beds were great, and the kitchen was fully stocked with kitchenware. Breakfast at the bed and breakfast across the street was also delicious! There was a little backyard area, which was a great bonus for the dogs. Also, it's located quite close to the downtown area, so we walked everywhere. Overall, this was a great stay!

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We had a great time in this wonderful cottage and really enjoyed our stay and the great breakfast!

Andrea always answered our mail requests emmediately - even when we arrived by ferry in the middle of the night. We were staying with three adults and two children.

We loved the look of the cottage, the kitchen with the great chalkboard, the fresh cupcakes in the morning and the fact that Andrea was so helpful! Thanks again! :)

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay in Andrea's cottage for 3 nights. The location was very excellent, and very short drive to downtown. The kitchen was fully stocked with all the utensils you would need. Beds were comfortable. Andrea was very accommodating towards all of our needs and returned texts quickly. Breakfast in the morning was very good as well! Thank you Andrea for everything!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Andrea P, Owner at Huckleberry Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Thanks so much for leaving a review. Cheers!

Reviewed 22 November 2017

The actual cottage was as advertised and the interior pictures were accurate. However, the experience was terrible. Our check in began with driving up to the cottage, which had a broken and boarded up lower window and therefore seemed like it may be the wrong address. When I tried to call Andrea, the listed phone number rang and rang, and there was no voicemail. I had to call hotels.com to verify the check in details. Then, we tried to do a load of laundry and the washer did not work. When I called Andrea to ask, she told me that she was at a craft fair and busy with a customer, which left me thinking, aren't I your customer? She brushed me off and told me that she didn't know how to get the washer to work, that she has problems with it too. She was both rude and completely unhelpful. The most serious problem with this place began in the morning, when we attempted to go for breakfast. The chalkboard in the cottage had an arrow pointing to the main B&B location, where breakfast was served. There was no address listed and the instructions just said it was "across the park". We went to the only house in the general area of the arrow that also had lights on, and found that it was someone's home, not the B&B. After driving up and down the street looking for the breakfast location, we gave up and went to McDonald's. When I texted Andrea to negotiate reducing the rate by the cost of breakfast, she stopped returning my texts. She then charged my credit card without my consent. I had to dispute the charge through my credit card.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Andrea P, Owner at Huckleberry Cottage, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

This review is not a bad review of my property – this review is a result of me not giving into this guests threats and blackmail.
Now obviously I don’t want to see a bad review of my property published online – but I would rather have an exaggerated and untrue bad review than let someone attempting to abuse their power as an RCMP officer intimidate me into giving them a free stay at the property and also pay for their breakfast.
These wonderful people also vandalized and damaged the cottage during their one night stay – leaving wall to wall mess and garbage throughout the house and ripping the decorative cedar slats from the walls of the bedroom.
In my ten years of running a bed and breakfast I have never had a problem like this before and I have been fortunate to not have any guests vandalize my place until now – which is why I didn’t charge them any extra for the damages and destruction that they caused. I only charged them for the original booked rate that they made for their reservation, but I have banned them from this property and all my other properties in the future.
What is also ironic and important to point out is that these guests had my phone number and seemed to have no problem reaching me to ask questions about the how to use the brand new washing machine at the cottage and to send me a series of texts wanting a free stay and payment for their breakfast – yet they didn’t call or text to say that there were having trouble finding the B&B in the morning. If they had called, I could have walked to the end of the driveway and waved to them at the cottage so there would be no mistaking which house it is. It is also rather funny and concerning that a police officer couldn’t find the B&B even though they were given the street address, there is a giant sign on the lawn, and I have a big arrow drawn on the chalkboard wall pointing in the direction of the B&B to make it easy to find.
Having breakfast at the B&B is not a requirement – I offer to bring over homemade bread and muffins, eggs, bacon, yogurt and fruits to the cottage if guests would like to cook for themselves in the morning…. Or guests can choose to walk the 30 seconds across the road to the B&B and have me cook for them. Eating at McDonalds when you’re in a rush and too busy destroying a house is a choice that these people made all on their own.
For anyone who took the time to read this review and my response – I truly hope that you can decide for yourself who to believe, and that you also know that I am very proud of what I do, how I take care of my guests and the reputation that I have built over the years sharing my home and cottage with visitors to Prince Rupert. For more accurate reviews of my property and service, please take a look about what people have said about me with Tall Trees B&B also in Prince Rupert.