“Dry Fishy Date Disaster”

Cockney Kings Fish & Chips
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

I came on a date with a person who claims to like Seafood. I will say the restaurant seemed busy, and they had a likeable waitress. I found the serving size good and maybe a little pricey, but it is in a good downtown New Westminster location, near Skytrain, etc. Myself, I have got to say it was a uneventful experience food wise and then the debit machine was not working properly. It was eventually able to work , though.

Gregory D, General Manager at Cockney Kings Fish & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hey there,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not impressed with your recent visit to our New West location. While debit machine connectivity issues to come up from time to time, it sounds like this was sorted out before you left the restaurant. I am more concerned, however, with you mention of dry fish in the post title! We don't want anyone's date to be a disaster when dining with us, so if you'd like to reach out directly, you can email us at info@cockneykings.ca and we'd be happy to talk more about your experience and how we can ensure it's a better one next time. Please don't hesitate to reach out by email or phone.

Best regards,

- Greg

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Picked up a dinner order, which was very good. Not greasy like in the past. They have improved on the food. Busy place, so pick up is easy.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

All you can eat and drink Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Great fish and chips- great deal. Casual atmosphere.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Cockney kings has been an absolute favourite of our family since we were kids..we've faithfully followed them to each bigger better location. Hands down the best fish and chips out there! Even the cole slaw and tartar sauce is delicious. Our family is equally split between the cod and the halibut... personally I vote for the halibut!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

I have been a returning customer of Cockney Kings for over 10 years now and in all that time the quality of their menu items have consistently been of the best quality. Whether you eat in or take out, the service is friendly, no matter how busy they are. You may say that having to wait for take out is not great, but I would say that is an indication of how good the food is. Once you are a regular customer you learn when the peak times are and can avoid the crowds if you want. You won't be disappointed if you try them out.