All reviews underground parking nice hotel minute walk good size room was large upgraded to a suite town centre rocky mountaineer train couple of nights stayed here for two nights would stay here again comfortable beds short stay main part hot tub standard room pleasant stay
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Pros: Cheapest place we could find, free underground heated parking, clean.
Cons: I haven't stayed in this dated of a hotel ever! The bathroom was scary, the bed was uncomfortable, breakfast buffet was probably the worst I've had in a long time.

Unfortunately, I can't say I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2016

The room was marginal as was service. Location was quite a long walk away from any places of interest to visitors or tourists. It was not the best by far but neither was it as bad as it could have been.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbAWS
Brian_Higginson, Manager at Chateau Jasper, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2016

Dear BarbAWS
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. While we are a bit of a walk to the town centre, most of the popular tourist destinations are from 10 minutes to an hour from the town site.
It should be noted that we are surrounded by the majestic Canadian Rockies and people enjoy the walk to town to take in the scenery and potentially see some wildlife.
We do realize that our product, while still good, has become a bit tired. We are closing the hotel next week to start an extensive renovation to our Standard rooms and front entry way. I hope you will get a change to check out our new product when we reopen in May of 2017.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

The check in staff were excellent and friendly. We asked for dinner options and got three very good suggestions from the staff. The rooms were very clean but dated if that matters to you. My daughter swam in the small pool and enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

The room was clean and spacious and included a kettle, fridge and hairdryer. The bathroom was a bit of a tight squeeze, but there was a second sink unit just outside the bathroom which was useful. Decor was a bit quirky and retro, but not an issue for me.

Hotel was about a ten minute walk from the centre and the nearest bakery and convenience store.

What let the hotel down for me was the breakfast. There were hot and cold buffet options at an additional charge, but the quality didn't appeal to me (sausages looked too processed and the hot options looked a bit tired) so I ordered a cooked breakfast a la carte. I love a good breakfast but was disappointed! My poached eggs were overcooked, but I was promptly given new runny eggs with apologies so that wasn't a problem. The bacon was fatty and cooked to a crisp (and not much of it), what was described as 'fresh fruit' being included turned out to be just 1 sliced strawberry and 1 thin orange slice, the 'butter' seemed to be margarine, the potatoes had a nice paprika seasoning but had no crispiness and didn't seem freshly cooked to order (more like they were from batch cooking earlier that morning). At about $12/$14 I thought it was over-priced for the quality, but I would have happily paid more to have a more satisfying breakfast.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Helen S
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Stayed two nights here. Room was clean, and quiet. Parked underground was great as it snowed! Check in and out was quick! Would stay here again. The only thing was that breakfast was not included in the price of the stay. We found other places to check out for breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and preferably on the third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple