Hyatt Place Edmonton-West
Union Bank Inn(Edmonton)
  • Fitness centre
  • Fitness centre
All reviewshour food servicegreat pool and hot tubfront deskcar dealershipedmonton westsitting areafree breakfastadjoining roomsclean hotelspent two nightsgreat hotelpull out couchthe breakfast areaexcellent stayexcellent breakfastguest roomsfitness room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The staff at the Hyatt Edmonton-West exceeded our expectations in every way. We travelled from out of province along with many other guests for a large sporting tournament and the hotel was astoundingly accommodating, friendly and professional. When we are in Edmonton again, this is where we will stay.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
GMHPEW, General Manager at Hyatt Place Edmonton-West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Steph M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Edmonton West. Thank you for the 5 star rating and kind words. My team is thrilled to hear such great feedback and acknowledgment of there hard work.
My team takes great pride in guest satisfaction and we care about each guest. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back soon on your next visit to Edmonton.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this hotel for a large corporate event. Had a ton of issues from the begging. The manager and assistant manager were completely useless and did not follow up or return calls. The level of service we received was the worst I have experienced in a corporate setting. I had to complain to their head office to even get a call back originally. Save you time and deal with one of the many other hotels in the area.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Michael C,
Could you please reach out to me directly at 780.244.4900. ext 5120 so I can follow up with you on this matter. I am wondering if you have had the wrong Hyatt or hotel by error as I do not have any record of missed calls, voicemails, emails or any file from head office of a complaint.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a chance to stay at this hotel in April 2018 while I was in Edmonton for a weekend trip. I will make this review short and sweet.
The Good:

- New Hotel
- Good location
- Good breakfast
- Lounge inside hotel

The Bad:
- Many sports team tend to stay on the west side hotels and this sometimes can cause loud hallways and loud parties. Usually this also means that the breakfast area is full and so is the pool.

Overall the service was great and so was the staff. I just prefer to stay at quiet hotels and hence by comments about the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Rehan H,
Thank you so much for your positive feedback of your most recent stay with us. For future stays I would like to recommend to avoid being around groups or sport teams to request a corner room or book a high floor room. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon on your next visit to Edmonton.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked a king and was originally given two queens. Although no one was in front of me, my check in was nearly 20 min. The couches in the lobby were stained and dirty. The supervisor was very friendly and professional however many of the staff wore clothes that were clearly worn many times between cleaning and appeared unprofessional. The rooms were clean, the beds were mediocre

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear tylerogrins,
I have also reached out to you via email however I have not heard back from you. The wait for check in was due to my gallery host team finding you a clean inspected room so you could check in early. While the housekeeping team was on lunch break we were able to locate a clean room for you, have it inspected and had you checked in by 12:16pm. Our check in time was 3:00pm.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a great stay! The room was very spacious, wonderful furnishings and the bed was heavenly! Best sleep we had our whole trip! Nice pool and wonderful hot/cold breakfast buffet. Staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear KLR776,
We are so excited you had a great time and enjoyed our hotel concept. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.