1,290 results
All reviews underground parking bumpers restaurant pool and jacuzzi dvd player minute walk banff avenue family suite front desk staff hotel restaurant ski lockers our room was spacious would stay again town centre the main street king bed main part sitting area
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

I was here for a work meeting and we decided to have our meeting in one of the family suites. It was quite convenient as everyone was staying in the same venue and the suite was large enough to accommodate our small group. My room had a king-sized bed and one bathroom. I felt that the room was a bit outdated. The bathtub and toilet were in the bathroom but the sink was in the main bedroom which wasn't really my preference. The hook on the back of the bathroom door was at the top edge of the door and it was difficult for me to hang my towel as I'm not very tall. One time I just shoved it back on to the towel rack but it wasnt secure enough because it was a small rack with several towels already hanging on it and at some point in the night it fell into the toilet. I also generally enjoy room service which this hotel didn't have. It's not a big deal cause the front desk said I can order takeout from the restaurant and bring it up to my room. I did that the first night but to my surprise they didn't have takeaway boxes and I ended up having to carry the hot and heavy plate and glass up to my room myself. It was also quite difficult having to open my door with my hands full. I wish they would have mentioned that prior to me ordering takeout.

The location was very good though, as it's pretty close to downtown and there's a bus stop nearby as well. The staff was very helpful in directing me on how to get around. And they also helped me book an airport shuttle for my way home. They're what's keeping me from writing a worse review.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank acneball
theRundlestoneLodge, Rooms Division Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2018

Dear Mei Ling,

Thank you very much for your detailed comments. We're always striving to improve the guest experience here so it's valuable to know where we hit the mark, and where we can improve. I'm especially pleased to hear our staff were so helpful as we take great pride in the level of customer service we provide.

We do have a variety of bathroom layouts, with some rooms featuring a vanity sink outside the bathroom and others with the sink inside. If anyone has a preference between the different styles we'll always try our best to accommodate any requests. Our restaurant does usually have take out boxes available, both for sit down guests who may have leftovers, or for those who wish to take out. I'm not too sure what went awry on this occasion but I'll follow up with our restaurant manager to ensure we are well stocked with these, and that our staff are communicating the different available options clearly to all guests.

Once again thanks for your comments. I hope you enjoyed your time away in Banff and I hope we get the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Best regards,

Michael Hall
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 2 November 2018

Our room was very spacious, clean and provided amenities which made our stay enjoyable. Our room was sided by the street but was quite and provide a large window which provided a surprise in the morning because it snowed overnight. Staff were friendly and very helpful. We really enjoyed our stay and will stay again when we visit Banff.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
theRundlestoneLodge, Manager at Rundlestone Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, GenePP.

We're glad you enjoyed your time while in beautiful Banff and that we were a part of that experience. Let us know you've stayed with us before and we'd be more than happy to give you our repeat guest rates next time you stay.

Reviewed 29 October 2018

We stayed here for 5 days (4 nights), the second last week of October in the King Loft, with Jacuzzi. The room was nice and spacious, and came with a small kitchenette and cookware (we didn't use).

The hotel itself was quite quiet, and was about a 15-20min walk from the main part of Banff. The staff were very friendly and helpful if you have questions about attractions in the area. They have a parking garage, but it's quite tight, so larger cars may have difficultly with the spaces.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Valerie K

Thank you for the review Valerie K.

We appreciate the time you took to write this for us. We'll be sure to let the Front Desk team know of your lovely comments so they can keep up the good work!

Our carpark can be quite tight for the larger vehicles or when full however, at a 6"4' clearance we can accommodate most vehicles free of charge. There is also an outdoor parking lot behind the hotel for those vehicles that are a little too large.

Reviewed 22 October 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights & it is a fantastic hotel.
We booked extremely last minute (the day we arrived in Banff) & the hotel was great - they even have FREE underground parking!
It is in a great location in Banff - within walking distance to downtown (I think they also had bikes for rental). I would love to go back & wouldn't hesitate to stay here again!

1  Thank Laura W

Laura W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We'd love to see you again, even for our last minute discounted reservations! Our bicycle rentals are available all summer and free ski lockers available all winter; thank you for letting the world know.

See you next time,

Reviewed 19 October 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our BC and Alberta road-trip and it was a great place to finish up our trip. We had a huge room on the top floor with a great view of the main street and mountains in the distance. It snowed whilst we were there which made it all the more atmospheric! The hotel is a in great location and is an easy 10 minute walk into the centre of Banff town with all its shops and restaurants. There is also a fantastic bus service that goes from right outside the hotel to downtown and also to Banff Springs and a variety of other destinations. So if you don't have a car, or want a break from driving, the bus service is fantastic. This is perhaps not the most modern or stylish hotel to choose from in Banff but I think it's very good value for money, the staff are welcoming and friendly, the room is quiet, warm and comfortable and the location good. I would definitely stay here again if we are lucky enough to come back to Banff sometime.

1  Thank Flowergirltravels

Thank you for your detailed response Flowergirltravels! We thoroughly hope you enjoyed your stay with us during our brief snowy fall and do wish you the best in all your future travels.

We hope to see you next time,