“Excellent Food and Welcoming Staff”
Review of The Anchor Inn

The Anchor Inn
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2018

Stopped off on route home from a day out and went in without a booking around 6.30pm on a Saturday evening. Managed to get only table not reserved. My husband ate the trio of fish and I had hake, chips and mushy peas. Both were generous portions and absolutely delicious. Both felt very full but sadly that did not stop us ordering the trio of puddings to share - just plain gluttony I am afraid, but the strawberry panna cotta, lemon posset and crème brulee were calling to us. They were sublime and we very nearly managed to finish them but no quite. If you are a lover of fish and seafood this is definitely the place for you but to avoid disappointment I would book if you can

Reviewed 19 May 2018

Well what to say: Locally dived scallops to die for cooked to perfection in smoked bacon and light garlic sauce - handsome French fries and Oh La La Garlic bread. Set off with their fine wine list (all at very reasonable prices) what more can you ask for. It's a 100 mile round trip for us but well worth every mile. The BEST scallops in DORSET if not the WORLD!!. Delicious - Oh and by the way the new sharing PUDDINGS (4) on a platter are divine and I don't usually like puddings so go ahead and spoil yourselves and .............ENJOY!!!.

1  Thank Marcopaulo22
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent facilities even better food
The choice is really good and plenty of it
There was a party of 30 plus and all meals came out together and still nice and hot
Couldn't fault anything will definitely be back again
Good value for money

1  Thank thewestwoodgang
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

These guys managed to squeeze us in on a busy bank holiday weekend and we were glad they did! Our waitress was brilliant and the seafood was fresh and imaginatively put together with the other ingredients. The staff even charged my phone for me which was really kind.

1  Thank Catherine W
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

What an absolute fantastic experience at the anchor inn! Such a friendly group of staff to welcome you in such a lovely location!
Me and my family had a seafood platter no words for it, absolutely amazing! Lobster, crab, prawns, scallops, and salad the list goes on...and on!! We sat outside in the sunshine and would recommend this seafood platter to anyone and everyone!
Great service fantastic food is a must to visit this pub!!

1  Thank jbabess