“Fantastic!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

What an absolute fantastic experience at the anchor inn! Such a friendly group of staff to welcome you in such a lovely location!
Me and my family had a seafood platter no words for it, absolutely amazing! Lobster, crab, prawns, scallops, and salad the list goes on...and on!! We sat outside in the sunshine and would recommend this seafood platter to anyone and everyone!
Great service fantastic food is a must to visit this pub!!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank jbabess

Reviewed 29 April 2018

We wanted to sit outside for a meal with our 3 dogs, but the landlady said that we could have a meal in the pub. Very friendly and warm welcome. the best scallops I have ever eaten and the Dover sole was so fresh!

1  Thank Madeleine J
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Well, we (that's Hoomum, Hoodad and me, the hairy hound) just happened to be on a jolly holibobs long weekend breaky thing, and needed to eat out this evening.
Hmmmmmmm, something fishy dishy would be yumskins, Hoomum thought, so she booked this plaice, I mean place (or do I?) and OMD for dog what a friendly welcome we all got, lovely staff, chatty diners and fresh water and (aaah) lovely fuzzy strokes and pats for me, plus delish biscuits from the lady on the next table too.
Hoomum ordered hake with a lobster bisque sauce; Hoodad chose the Thai fish curry, and both of them made lots of oooh-aaah noises which could only mean one thing - they weren't going to leave very much for me! And huh! I was right!
Then they decided they could just squeeze in an incy-tinsy pudding. It wasn't like we'd even done much walking today either, but anyway ... Hoodad had sticky toffee pudding and Hoomum had chocolate mousse, and not just any old Angel Delight type of mousse. Oh no. This mousse was chocolatey without being too sweet, sort of stiff-smooth but in a kind of chocolatey crumbly way, the way only a homemade mousse can be. It clung to the top of her mouth in a linger-longer way that you never want to finish - ever. THAT sort of chocolate mousse. I'm sure you know what she meant. AND it came with strawberries - AND a twirly biscuit thing. Nom nom, lush lush! Off to explore around the area tomorrow to see if any other pubs live up to The Anchor! Game on!

1  Thank snowsledder
Reviewed 16 April 2018

Dinner with the family on a recent Sunday evening. Gorgeous setting - just off the main road in Burton Bradstock, fantastic service and lovely food. The main courses for sea food lovers are divine and blood orange sorbet a must as dessert.

1  Thank kldub
Reviewed 9 April 2018

We stopped here after a long walk from West Bay. A lovely warm welcome & a couple of drinks. Great choice of ales & ciders. The menu looked very good, wish we'd had the time to eat here.