Review Highlights
You might not leave.

There are so many great beaches along the Bay of Conception to camp at that you can spend a whole... read more

Reviewed 28 December 2022
William M
Modesto, California
Beautiful but digging out!

Beautiful bay but recent storms bought way too much rain - rocks and mud have devastated most of... read more

Reviewed 3 October 2022
iamacdntraveller
Vancouver, Canada
via mobile

All reviews paradise on earth beautiful bay selling water conception beaches camp sea cortez rocks desert
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Great beach, location, great friends, area etc. BUT;
I have spent months here for the last 3 years but I am done with long term here. This is what I took from someone else's review and I have to say I agree. Was once a great place and has become over run with tourists dogs running around barking their brains out at all hours of the night and day not to mention pissing on your stuff sometimes right in front of their owners. Would you let your dogs run like this in the states or Canada? I think not. (And yes I have a dog that is leashed and I let her run only if I can supervise her.) Idiots with atv's and dirt bikes ripping up and down the beach. One of the 2 restaurants on the beach likes to wake you up with really loud music at 6 am. If your looking for piece and quiet it won't be here. There is another campsite just around the corner from this one. Too bad there is no security to speak of here.
If you can ignore the above, you have a great spot here.

Date of experience: November 2014
4  Thank MCtrainer
Reviewed 21 March 2015

This vast, beautiful bay is only semi-accessible and is extremely arid, with only a smattering of accommodations, which has preserved it nicely.

Date of experience: March 2015
3  Thank LengthyStrides
Reviewed 20 March 2015

You won't find a location more beautiful than this... I suppose you could call it Shangri-la! It's worth the half hour drive south from Mulege... there isn't really anything there except beach and the ocean and that's just the way it should be, no development, nothing, just a few beach cottages scattered about... loved it!

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed 27 January 2015

First of al: stay at the Playa Frambes Lighthouse resort and check my review on this accomodation for reasons why.

If you're planning to stay in Mulege, this is were you'll want to go.
Not too far from Mulege but at the same time very calm and private, Bahia Concepcion is paradise on earth.

On the camping sites there are plenty of restaurants which serve GREAT food at a bargain price. We'd reccomend ANA'S, the first restaurant you'll see at playa Santispac (roadmark km 114) We ate there 3 times, their fish and seafood is just wonderful. And very cheap, around 300 mxn (20 usd) for two main courses and 2 drinks. I stuck to the shrimp or clam taco's, they were just fabulous.

We recommend spending time on the water. Take a motorboat and cruise around the Bay or rent a kayak. In the season (feb/march) keep your eyes open for whale sharks, you can spot them by their dorsal fins (just like a "real" shark) They're lovely gentle creatures who won't harm you, on the contrary, you can easily go snorkel or swim with them. We saw three whale sharks just of the coast of Playa Coyote. (i'd guess about 10km down of playa santispac). Snorkeling is especially good around the islands in the bay

Kayaking is great also, dolphins swim besides your kayak!!

I'd love to go back and stay here one day, it's been a year but we still talk a lot about the magical Bahia Concepcion/ Bay of Conception!

Date of experience: February 2014
3  Thank Sterrenvis
Reviewed 4 January 2015

The beaches and water in Bahia Concepcion are breathtakingly beautiful. The swimming is great, and there's plenty of room for you. The only downside is that you share most beaches with RVs. If you HAVE an RV, I guess that's great, but if you're like me and want a place to lay out a blanket in the sun, it could feel a little vehicled out. We still had a great few days on the beach, but this is something to know.

Date of experience: December 2014