Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Expedia
ZenHotels.com
8,392 results
All reviews hard rock our honeymoon moon palace spa treatments fish time share steak playa del carmen mayan coffee sushi public relations romantic dinner ocean view italian restaurant couples massage nachos fire show
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 September 2009

What a wonderful vacation. This was a good time of year to go to the Aventura Spa Palace. It was not very busy at all. We practically had the whole place to ourselves. Maybe 100 to 300 couples this time of year. Very sad for the staff, but very good for us. We had wonderful, outstanding service. The staff was wonderful. Carlos and Carolina were some of the Best wait staff we have had! The staff always greeted you with a smile and could not do enough for you! They go out of their way to make sure that you have good service. They could definitely teach the people of the USA a thing or two about being friendly!

A wonderful incentive was the free calling to the USA. I had an ill family member at home and it was nice to be able to call home everyday to check in and not have to worry about running up my cell phone.

3  Thank SeaUThere
Reviewed 27 September 2009

My wife and I recently stayed at this resort for our Honeymoon. The resort was nice but I was expecting more. We had the conceirge level package and our fruit basket was two apples on a plate in our room. The ocean view was an obstructed view around the other buildings. Our bathrobes and towels were tatterd and rough. They were also doing alot of construction everywhere on the complex which they of course mentioned nothing about. We found it hard to relax with the smell of paint and the sound of jackhammers everywhere. The food we thought was o.k. but nothing great and I expected better. The service was very good and the staff was very friendly. I feel this is an average resort with an expensive price.

4  Thank chadwick24
Reviewed 16 September 2009

We were extremely impressed by the Aventura Spa Palace from the moment we entered. We had booked an all inclusive holiday as we wanted to spoil ourselves. We were greeted with drinks, a flower, hot towels to wipe our faces and hands. Reception expalined everything as this was a very large hotel with at least 6 places to eat. We were carted of to our room, so we didn't have to find our room in this huge complex with 2,000 rooms. The room had a jacuzzi and drinks that were free and unlimited. The bathroom was a tad bit small but was clean. The balcony had a hammock which was cool to relax on. The service was first class, the food was top notch and as usual, I ate too much. The staff at all the meal times got to know us and were very attentive and if you were unhappy with anything, they would change it without hesitation and just wanted you to be happy. Lying by the beach or poolside was relaxing and just kept ordering drinks and food as it was all included. The beach does not open out to the sea as it is a bit rough, but enclosed by rocks so that you are kept safe and can swim/snorkel. My only complaint was the room service, as this could take a bit of time sometimes, but I overlooked this as everything else was superb. The complex was so huge, you could have your pic of where you relaxed and where you ate - you were spoilt for choice.

As the name suggests, there is a spa, which cost extra, but was extremely relaxing and worth an afternoon. We also arranged a few excursions to Coba, Chichen Itza and Cancun, which we highly recommend if you are culturally inclined. the guides were excellent and Chichen Itza is a New Seven Wonder of the World. There were a lot more excursions that were possible, but not enough time.

We thoroughly enjoyed being pampered and would love to go back again. The weather was perfect at the end of March.

Date of stay: March 2009
7  Thank temporal_x
Reviewed 14 September 2009

Ok going to try to keep it short,Just came back from a week in Riviera Maya, And it was more then my wife and i could have dreamed of, postcards can't touch the real thing. Great food,drinks,weather could not have been better..came home planning our next trip there..only bad thing was we lost our camara on way home had it the night before leaving, but last time seen...but will never forget the sights...a Must go if never been

1  Thank Ajaandchris
Reviewed 11 September 2009

We took this trip for our honeymoon and I have to say that this was the BEST place I've ever stayed. The Palace was BEAUTIFEL, the staff was excellent, and the food was awesome. I have to say that I really liked going at the beginning of September because the crowds were way down (it's they're low season) so there was always room at the pool, hardly anyone in the resturaunts, and you got such personal attention (this may still be the case at busy times, but I'm not sure). The Honeymoon department was fabulous and made us feel very special. You MUST upgrade to the concierge level, we loved it.

2  Thank WendyT27