“Great meal!”

Ranked #19 of 906 Restaurants in Puebla
Price range: US$3 - US$11
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal here - the tortilla soup and enchiladas with 3 types of mole were delicious. Nice setting and very courteous service though not the most attentive.

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

Delicious Mexican cuisine, attentive and amiable service, delightful ambience with traditional decor! I was recently in Puebla for four days and dined at La Mexicana several times. When dining alone (anywhere), I often find service to be less than desirable. Not the case at La Mexicana! On each occasion I was welcomed graciously, shown to my favorite corner table, and attended promptly and with good cheer. Huevos rancheros for breakfast were the best, and artfully presented. On two occasions, I had a lamb stew, the meat tender and the seasoning complex and rich. Today, two months later, I am craving that lamb stew! Highly recommend Fonda la Mexicana.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I had the the garlic chicken and my wife had the lamb. Great flavors and presentation. I am back home in the USA but still thinking about this meal. I sure wish I could go back! Yum!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

We have eaten there twice: once for dinner three years ago because we read it had the best mole poblano in Puebla, which proved to be true, and once two weeks ago for lunch. I had cholupas, and my wife had enchiladas with green pipian sauce, and they were both as good as we expected. This is a small unpretentious place, but the service and food are both outstanding.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Service was superb. Very attentive waiter eager to please and handsome as well. We ordered mole dishes so we could experience local cuisine.....no disappointment at all. We were given three samples to try and all of them were wonderful. Relaxing atmosphere with easy listening music. Would go back again.