“GREAT food and service!”
Review of Casa Barroca

Casa Barroca
Ranked #15 of 902 Restaurants in Puebla
Price range: US$12 - US$22
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I went there with the family just a couple of days ago and was very (happily) surprised to have found this restaurant. The food was delicious and the service by our waiter Eduardo was JUST impeccable! He was very attentive to our needs and the food was an absolute delight, so overall our experience was amazing without mentioning the extraordinary place and ambiance.
We also had the luck to hear a live duet of violin and piano, so it was the cherry on the cake!

We will definitely come back!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent place, excellent food, and excellent service. The server Daniel is the best. If you ever go, ask for him

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The first impressions is that it is a beautiful restaurant in a restored building in the central historic district of Puebla. The table settings were elegant, with white table cloths and white napkins, and stemware of fine crystal. The menu was diverse and the ingredients in every dish were complex, but blended beautifully. I had the duck which was prepared perfectly, tender and garnished beautifully. I was in the mood for a salad, so I ordered a simple salad that was not on the menu, with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and it came out perfectly to me expectations. The wait staff was friendly, prompt and efficient in all respects. Truly a delightful dinner

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We went there for breakfast and The food was fantastic; we ordered chilaquiles with Chile poblano and chilaquiles with habanero sauce and meat, honestly Delicious as the coffee to accompany it.

On the other side, the service doesn’t match the food quality at all.
It is generally very slow and you have to constantly remind them to bring your order. They seemed distracted (maybe because we were in the garden?) and at some point a cloud of dust came our way and I had to reach out several times to the waiters to clean our table and change our food orders since they were full of dust. They seemed annoyed and stopped coming around as often.
I really want to remember the restaurant for the excellent food but I can’t stop thinking of the number of times I had to ask for the menus or another cup of coffee even if the restaurant was half empty.
Hope this helps improving that, it’s totally worth it as the place is great.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

The service, ambience, decorations were wonderful. I loved it here. We got to meet meet the chef who was cultured and friendly. The wait staff was patient and so helpful ( I don’t speak Spanish) the steaks were delicious, guacamole was great and the desserts were special. One of the better places I got to enjoy here in Mexico.