“Very good buffet.”
Review of Cocina Casera

Cocina Casera
Reviewed 31 May 2018

The breakfast buffet at Cocina Casera has lots to offer, including good coffee and several juices, yogurt, fresh fruits,many diff pastries, as well as sausage, chicken, potatoes & vegetables. The made to order omellettes, crepes, & waffles were amazing! The staff were great, and the view of the sea of Cortez from the outdoor patio was a bonus. Good food, and not as pricey as you might expect!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

This is one of the two restaurants at the Westin that is open for dinner (El Ciruelo is really at Baja Point). A waiter at the LaCantina Sports Bar next door told us that we would be able to order al a carte if we dined at Cocina Casera on steak night as we are not buffet fans. So the next night we visited on steak night and found out we had to do the buffet. You did get to pick the main course from the menu, but everything else was self serve/standard fare. The strip steak ordered was definitely subpar (large does not equate to good); 2 steaks, 2 glasses of wine, 2 bottles of water, 2 coffees plus tip = $175 USD. Most expensive dinner on this trip and the least favorite for our entire San Jose del Cabo area visit.
Additionally, we ate outside in the small courtyard area. This area was dimly lit and had placemats on tables (as opposed to tableclothes). It was not a busy night, only two tables occupied near us. We were the last to leave from that area and by the time we walked to our room (1312) which was just up the stairs and a few doors down we realized we left a cell phone on the table. Guess what? went straight back and the phone was gone (within 15 minutes). The waiter and manager did not care to talk to me as they were busy closing out and said "try locate my phone". I called the conceirge who called security. I checked again in the morning and the manager said "well we get scanned when we leave". Really? Would they notice a cell phone?
In any case, disappointing and very expensive night. I'm sure I will mention this on my review of the Westin itself but the incident was extremely disappointing. We had no issues outside of the resort just within this one restaurant at the Westin resort itself. Such a shame. Never again

1  Thank jptravels2
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We had the breakfast buffet included in our stay and enjoyed a couple dinners. Staff is marvelous, attentive, friendly and very nice. Gustavo took care of us in the mornings and Victor brought us amazing desserts last night. They remembered our names from the start and treated us well. Caring staff and delicious food. It seems like it is their pleasure to make you feel at home.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We had the hot breakfast buffet each morning and enjoyed the fresh hot omelets, eggs, pancakes and waffles, as well as excellent chocolate croissants and other pastries (luckily we were there 4 mornings to be able to try everything). The fresh squeezed juices were delicious, and there was always an assortment of fresh fruit. We didn’t eat the non-breakfasty foods, but there were lots of choices and an excellent salad bar of you were looking for an early lunch or brunch. The coffee is very good, and the setting overlooking the sea can’t be beat. We enjoyed all our servers, especially Gustavo. We also had dinner here twice, and I highly recommend the grouper (‘grupper’j and the sea bass - cooked to perfection with excellent crisp vegetables and a risotto. Also the shrimp entree is great, much better than what we had at El Ciruelo up the hill, and for a better price. We did not do the Mexican night buffet but regretted missing it, because we spoke to several people the next day who raved about it.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located inside The Westin Resort. I had a delicious breakfast plate as well as dinner one night. The service is impeccable! They even brought me a little blanket when it got a little windy. The breakfast I had was the Mexican Omelette and the Chilaquiles with chicken. I highly recommend the chilaquiles.