Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Cabo Vista Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
TripAdvisor
The Cape, a Thompson Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
5,603 results
All reviewstaco barbella californiawhale slidetime sharejose reyessports barvilla groupall inclusive packagetimeshare presentationdesert spaocean viewupper poolnightly showsour waiterpool sideall inclusive plangreat vacation
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had never heard of this place before taking advantage of a marketing promotion and I must say, it did not disappoint. There are actually 3 properties side by side that belong to the Villa group and this one is the most liveliest. I ended up purchasing at Villa del Arco, the newest of the three properties and a lot more laid back. Just perfect for me!!! Also, it is the property that has the SPA on site...YES!!! That spa...woo!!!!

The resort provided a shuttle from the airport to the resort but we had to schedule a pick up on the return. Reasonably priced $31/pp. Also, the cheapest and easiest days to get in and out are Tuesdays and Wednesdays - airfare will be cheaper and there are less people at the check in counter. By late Wednesday it started to thin out, but as we were leaving on Friday, things were getting pretty busy.

Our first night was in a room that overlooked the parking lot and construction of a new resort a few "blocks" down from my room. Not happy about that but understood that this was the room for the marketing package.

The next morning, we met with a wonderful young lady to give us a tour and answer any questions that we had. It was only her third day and she was extremely pleasant. My best friend and I immediately took to her and the 90 minute time share talk ... turned into about 2.5 hours. I am so bummed that I can't remember her name.

Once we got to the sales room we were introduced to the top closer Alejandro. He was just as pleasant and also super fun to talk to. With the breathtaking views, the great staff, the clean rooms, the live shows, the all-inclusive package, etc. it was hard NOT to buy a time share. I mean, who wouldn't want to escape the hustle and bustle of our every day lives in such a beautiful location!!! I'm truly excited about the new resort debuting in 2019 Villa del Valencia and can't wait to stay there as well.

As for the resort, plenty of options to choose from in terms of activities, for all ages. After the purchase of the timeshare, we were immediately upgraded to a room that had the very same view as the photo above. The stage was below our room, which meant that we had premium seating to watch the shows while drinking champagne on our balcony.

It is also a good resort to bring children to, if you are bringing children, the all-inclusive option will be great. If you are a season Cabo visitors and you do not plan on staying at the resort ALL of the time, then I would forego the all-inclusive option and just pay as you go. Careful when walking along the beach, serious undertow and it will definitely sneak up on you. Beach vendors are nice as well...I purchased two silver bangle bracelets that were less expensive that those in town; great quality and beautiful stones.

Excursions were very reasonably priced; food was good. LOVED the sushi bar that was included; tons of pools and the alcohol selection was ok. A bit limited for my taste, but still a lot to choose from. If you wanted top shelf, that was an additional cost...still reasonably priced.

If you decide to go into town and find yourself at a little outdoor bar called "Monkey Business"...tell the owner that the best friends from Chicago sent you. You should also try the mango margarita with an extra shot of tequila to cool you off...OMGosh, it was heavenly!!!

The staff was very very helpful, fun and put me in the mindset of the crew on a Southwest flight; the staff where I purchased, Villa del Arco, is just as helpful, however, more reserved.

All in all, it was a great Girl's Trip with my bestie of over 40 years!!!

Needless to say, I'll definitely be back!!!

If you found this review helpful, a thumbs up would be great! And if you have any questions about the resort...ask away!!!

Room Tip: Get a pool side view, a bit loud but a great view of the ocean and arch. Left the patio door open tohear the waves while we slept.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank anitamc2017
MisaelChan, Guest Relations Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear anitamc2017

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

I am very sorry that your recent visit didn't go as expected. Your feedback is highly important to us. Without hesitation we will take into consideration your comments to improve our service and prevent a recurrence of such an event.

We hope you will give us the opportunity to host you again so that we may serve you with the warmth and hospitality for which we are recognized.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spent two weeks in April with friends, and I returned for a week in May with our granddaughter, celebrating her graduation. Both trips were excellent. We stayed in building three on the pool side and enjoyed it immensely. We had lovely rooms, and excellent housekeeping both trips.

Everyone makes you feel so welcome from the moment you arrive. Check in is quick and easy, depending on the day of week you arrive. The weekends can be busier, especially around noon when you may have people arriving and checking out at the same time.

Our service was excellent around the pool, the sports bar, and Bella California. We do not buy the all inclusive because there are too many places we like to visit in town, so I don't attempt to address it's value - it may work great if you plan to stay at the resort most of the time.

Even though Villa Group is building new resorts nearby, they continue to maintain and renovate as they always have. I have no hesitation in recommending Villa del Palmar to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheila W

Dear Sheila W

I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Wish there were more options for dinner - also the wait service at dinner was terrible. Other than that I loved my visit and would got there again. Loved that the hotel was right on the beach and the pools were never too crowded.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear sr0tter

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Arco and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I am pleased to read that you had an unforgettable experience and that our team has done a great job taking care of every detail during your stay. Your comments inspire us to keep making our guests' satisfaction possible.

We will work with our food and beverage team to improve our services.

It will be an honor for Villa del Palmar to have you back and offer you our sincere hospitality on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I enjoyed my stay at Villa del Palmar. The accommodations were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The only negative I have was my room above a stage used for entertainment in an outdoor dining venue. The volume was a little loud during the shows. Other than that, no complaints.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MisaelChan, Guest Relations Manager at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Ron C,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity of hosting you at Villa del Palmar and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I arrived on May 14th and stayed for 10 days. We had the most relaxing vacation ever! From Alberto who brought our bags to our room and with the friendly warm smile we needed after a long day flying, to Nicole that took time out of her day everyday to come and find us to make sure we were being taken care of.

Then there was Efran, Luis,Eli, Nico and Gabriel who were so friendly and remembered our names from our previous stays here. It all makes me and my wife feel at home and welcome.

Thanks to all of them and more who made for a great vacation!

PS. The Michael Jackson show was fantastic!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daza T

Dear Daza T

Thank you for expressing your great satisfaction with Villa del Arco and for sharing the details of your stay with us.

I am very glad to learn that our team has contributed greatly to making your stay memorable. We are committed to offering outstanding service. I am thankful for your kind workd which I will personally share with Alberto,Efrain, Luis, Eli, Nico and Gabriel.

On behalf of our Villa del Palmar team, we look forward to your next visit!