All reviews private beach sea view half board stunning hotel olbia airport front row lovely spa the main areas relaxing resort breakfast and dinner staying at this hotel hotel guests turkish bath mini bar every evening stayed for nights murta maria
Reviewed 13 August 2018

My wife and I have just returned from a simply outstanding stay here. Its a wonderful hotel, really lovely spacial rooms with great bathroom and shower. The staff are exceptionally polite and professional and the food is wonderful in quality and style. The pool and beach area are fabulous and so stress free. Both are very clean and extremely relaxing - I adored swimming and snorkelling and the quality was amazing. Added to a lovely spa this hotel is all about relaxing!!

The hotel in roughly 20 mins from the airport so the transfer is simple and easy - would recommend having a car if you want to have a look around as there is so much to see!!! So classy and relaxed - would totally recommend this hotel if you want to disappear for a week or two - I cannot fault this hotel - we are looking forward to coming back!!!!

Room Tip: contact the hotel before you travel
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris H
MaxAtlantei, Direttore at Hotel Cala Cuncheddi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your kind feedback about your stay here. It is such a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our hospitality.
Best wishes from Hotel CalaCuncheddi

Reviewed 9 August 2018

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights on our honeymoon, and it was such a wonderful time! The staff is very helpful and nice. The restaurant for dinner is superb. The view from the sea side room and from the hotel pool is amazing. It is so peaceful. I cannot say enough good things about this place! There is also so much available to guests: pool, beach, snorkeling, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, yoga, massages, etc. While I was searching for a place to stay in Olbia for our honeymoon, I found this place and immediately went to the negative reviews to see what the risk was - after spending six days there, I now understand that the negative reviews are ridiculous. I assume you are reading this review because you are looking for a place to stay around Olbia; save yourself the time/stress and stop looking, book this place right now and get ready to have a fun, relaxing stay. I am so glad we chose to stay here, and I hope we stay here again!

Room Tip: Get the seaside view, but you don't need the full terrace because you'll be spending a lot of time down at the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clay O

Dear Guest,
thank you for your very positive feedback! We are glad to know that you enjoyed our Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon in our little paradise.
Best wishes

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Very beautiful and remote location of this hotel - water and beaches are pristine - infinity pool is superb - ample of beach chairs both at the pool and on the beach - no problem there - the rooms facing the water possess blue and emerald sea views - wonderful - room sizes are fine and well-appointed - pool and lounge staff attentive and professional - the only drawback that we experienced is that the only two dining rooms are a bit of a train wreck - the smaller dining room is fully booked for the length of our stay while the main dining room policies are at best troubling for non-Italian speaking guests - both maîtres of the main dining room display an obvious systematic biases towards "half-board" clients - those that prepaid for diner - which we did not sign-up for - it appears that all the better tables are fully booked for the length of our stay by half-board guess - we were assigned a remote table on the patio where mosquitoes bit us through-out dinner - the waiter assigned to this areas would best be described as inept - surprising given that I ordered a 5 course tasting mean that was fully priced - Maîtres cared little of the service level received by non- half-board dinner guests - the Maître attempted to serve my third course of a five course tasting menu after all of the table guest had finished their entrées and had left the restaurant and after the restaurant had closed – the Maître – a 29 year veteran of the hotel did not see the problem with this - Yikes! - bottom line the hotel property is beautiful - if you can tolerate expensive and troubling dinner service - you will be fine - if not - there are a number of beautiful hotels along this coastline - cheers - Andrew

Stayed: July 2018
Massimiliano A, Direttore at Hotel Cala Cuncheddi, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Dear amartyn2017,

we are very thankful to our guests for leaving feedback on this platform. We always appreciate it if it's a positive one or if it's a bad one.

What we cannot really understand and accept is when people leave a critic while still staying in the hotel .
Don't you think it's better to reach the reception and speak with somebody? I know that you asked to speak with the manager and I tried to reach you on the phone but I had no answer.

You have your point of view on our "table policy" in the restaurant, but it's just your idea. Of course we have to accomodate first our Half Board and Full Board clients, then we try to accomodate in the best way possible all other people, Bed & Breakfast guests and external guests. Unfortunately it's impossible to have a long line of "first class" tables, expecially when, as you properly say, you did not sign up; and we are also sorry not to have more than 2 restaurants.

However, we think that describe our staff as inept isn't very kind, is a bit too hard: all the people working in the restaurant, from the stager to the head waiter are very skilled and professional, but as you can imagine it's not so easy to deal with somebody who get up and go for a walk in the middle of the dinner; therefore trying to serve the different courses "on time" to all four family members will be a bit complicated. We will certainly do better next time.

It's always good to be very precise when examinating things.

We are very sorry to have caused you some kind of troubles, we really care about your disappointment and we thank once again you for your suggestions. This force us to do always better and better so that our guests can go home with a beautiful experience in their heart and mind.

Arrivederci.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

we come back every year for 7-12 days and its still an awesome time with a great service and one of the most beautiful places on earth!
half pention is realy a good tip, you get really a tasty dinner for only about 40€.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Massimiliano A, Direttore at Hotel Cala Cuncheddi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear magor85, a big thank you for your kind review and for sharing it on this platform.

Reading about your affection to our house is more than a pleasure and it's really motivating on working always better and better to let fell all our guest like they are at home.

See you soon again at CalaCuncheddi.

Thank you.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

I expent five nights in this hotel in June. I am going to Tell you my experience and then you can understand my assessment. First of all, I arrived at the reception of the hotel at aprox 11. A.m width my luggage. Taking into account the Room booked would not be ready until 2 , I asked to keep my suitcases in the luggage Room. The receptionist’ answer was: Why do not you keep your luggage in your rented car boot?. We had a conversation and after that he accepted to keep my belongins. So with this attention you can imagine my first impression of this hotel. Considering they did not hand in the Room keys we could not go the hotel beach because they only give you the beach towel when you have the guest Room key. We had to travel to Alghero in order to kill the time. After 3 hours we returned to the hotel and finally the Room was ready. The booked room was a seaview room with a mínimum balcony for two chairs. The problem appeared at night because we were bitten by mosquitos that probably entered when they cleaned un my Room. So you pay an extra cost by the view and the balcony but really you can not use it because of the. Mosquitos. i do not know if the reason of this inscects is the lack of cleaning of the Gardenia that surround all the hotel building. In addition to this, I am going to comment the quality of the food served in the main restaurant of this hotel because we had a halfboard reservation. The quality of the dishes was awful and tasteless. One example of this is the fact that the same tomate sauce was served with different types of pasta the five dinners and the same mussels sauce two days. It is a way to recycle but this is not what you expect getting in a superior four star hotel. I can state even that one night they made us wait for the second course 40 minutes. When the dish arrived we tried but the flavour was so disgusting that we decided to leave the table and not to finish the dinner. One thing more about the restaurant; be aware of the mosquitos . We were bitten in arms, legs and the head because althougth they use citronella candles it seems they do not serve for anything. After the first dinner with this feature we had to have dinner the rest of the days in the indoor part of the restaurant and avoid the terrace. Apart from this, I forgot to mention that I had to call to reception in order they replace the bulgari amenities of the bathroom. They put you two mini bottles of shampoo and body milk per person and they do not add a new one until our call- We all know that every nigth you stay in a hotel you have the right to a new one.
Turning the side of the argument, as an anecdotic fact, one afternoon I ordered an icecream in the swimming pool bar and the staff who received the command made jokes about my italian pronunciation of corneto di panna- repeating four times panna.
All things considered, if you appreciate your money almost 400 euros per nigth I recommend that you should not make a reservation of this hotell that from my personal point of view It has to be classified as a hostel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Massimiliano A, Direttore at Hotel Cala Cuncheddi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2018

Dear M. Tervilla,

it is always very nice to receive a review and that people share their experience on this platform, we are very thankful for that.

We know what we do, we know how we do and we know how much we care about our guests.
You can have your opinion, but the point is that every kind of opinion must tell the truth and I'm very sorry to say that it's not your case.

I really don't want to spend much time on this review, it is worthless.

Alghero it's a very good place, we are glad you were there and next time you already have a beautiful destination to visit.

It could have been much more interesting to speak with you here "at home", with a name and with a face, to really reply word by word on your supposed dissatisfaction.

Anyway we want to thank you for your critique, everyone of us has a different opinion and we can always learn something from each other.

Thank you.