We held an annual weekend retreat/conference for about 40 people at the hotel. Although it was shoulder season, the hotel had quite a few guests, many with their 4-footed friends.
The conference room was lovely, with floor to ceiling windows, looking out on the mountain. The buffets we selected were not lavish, but were excellent. Breakfast included eggs with chives, a somewhat spicy link sausage and selection of fruit, bagels/breads, toppings and yogurt. Lunch was salad and grilled salmon and chicken, both of which were very good, and a wonderful sherry vinaigrette salad dressing! (Be sure to ask for it !) Our buffet dinner was on the hotel's shoulder season menu (discounted) with a Mexican theme, and very tasty.
The rooms are good sized, with a fireplace, small frig, microwave and coffee maker. Very comfortable, although I've slept in better beds. There is a full athletic club, with regularly scheduled classes. Several of us went to a yoga class on Friday afternoon, which was OK - more like a resort yoga class than a regular class.
The spa is lovely, and I enjoyed my massage with Erin very much. The couches in the spa relaxing lounge were all taken, most with guests drinking champagne, so there was no place to sit and relax before the massage
The only issue was the hotel's procedure (apparently) to not bring a guest's luggage up with the guest, but wait until the guest is in the room. Several of us had things that needed to be put out in preparation for the conference as soon as we got there, and were dismayed to find our boxes and luggage were not going to the room on the elevator with us - instead, they were on carts parked in a corner of the lobby, unattended. I had to go back out to the foyer, and find someone to get the cart up to the room.
If you are looking for a place to hold a conference, be sure to check out the Westin Riverfront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain is in the heart of the Vail Valley, CO and was recently named the #2 Resort US Mainland by readers of Conde Nast Traveler. The Beaver Creek hotel features direct access to skiing and year-round mountain activities. Home to Spa Anjali, named #2 Resort Spa by Conde Nast Traveler readers, relax where mother nature nurtures. Revive at Maya, a Richard Sandoval Signature restaurant due to open in June of 2013. Experience total renewal in a spacious studio suite or one, two or three bedroom condominium with breathtaking view of Beaver Creek Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Riverfront Hotel Beaver Creek
- Westin Riverfront Resort And Spa
- Westin Beaver Creek