“Probably good for families, not great for young couples.”

Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stayed for one night in October as a getaway for my husband's birthday. We did a couples massage in the spa and that part was wonderful.

Nice hotel, but you're paying more for the location. We were disappointed in a few things. I thought we were told by the check in agent that parking would be complimentary due to our SPG status and now fighting a $30 parking charge. The on-site bar closes at 10pm which seems really early. Room service is overpriced and we got the wrong order on top of it. It took another 25-30 minutes for the correct order to arrive.

I can see how this would be a good hotel and location for a family trip to the mountains but I probably would not stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Sethd D, Guest Relations Manager at Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay. We appreciate you choosing the Westin Riverfront to celebrate your birthday and pleased to read of your great experience in our Spa Anjali. We certainly appreciate your loyalty to SPG and apologize if our $30 nightly valet fee was not communicated properly by our front desk team. Unfortunately, our welcome amenity for guests with SPG Gold and Platinum status does not include complimentary parking.

Thank you for staying at The Westin Riverfront. If you wish to discuss your stay further, I invite you to reach out to me directly at 970-790-6604.

Seth

Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is a great resort for the summer and probably the winter. We had a 1 bedroom suite with a full kitchen and balcony. It was more like a condo than a hotel. Everything we needed was provided. The only downside is there is a highway going to Edwards between the resort and the mountain. Besides that the place is great. Three hot tubs and a large pool with pool service. Several bars in the hotel with a full restaurant, Starbucks, and snack bar nearby. They only have valet parking, $35/day, and a resort fee to be aware of those. Convenient location and will be back.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2017

On a recent trip to Beaver Creek my family and I stayed at the Westin Riverfront. The hotel is very well appointed, and we had an incredible room - it was a 1 bedroom suite on the top floor. The views were great as we faced the mountains, the decor of the room was well done, we had a nice fireplace - we were all pretty blown away by the room. There is a nice pool and exercise area, and be sure to roast marshmallows at the fire pits - that was one of my favorite parts of our stay. We plan to come back in the future during ski season, but watch out for the hard sell on buying into the time share program - they make it very hard to leave without locking into some kind of option. In hindsight I would have avoided that and left it at really enjoying the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

It was our second time here, and this time we stayed at the villas to save some money they had a good deal. Villas side wasn’t as welcoming and friendly. Wasn’t as updated and the room did not have the fireplace. Restroom didn’t have the whirlpool tub or nice shower. However, we love the resort best price in the area for such a beautiful property. The staff at the resort are always so welcoming and friendly. The Valet service make you feel like family, those guys are awesome and deserve a raise haha. Perfect place for some R&R or there’s plenty to do in the area. We roasted marshmallows one evening in the fire pit which our little girl loved. She was also a big fan of the pool, and the walks by and in the river. We were also fortunate to partake in the Vail Oktoberfest which was a blast! We have been here in ski season before also and it was just as awesome and beautiful. Plus you can’t beat the shuttle service during ski season. My wife was pregnant then and enjoyed a prenatal massage while I hit the weights. I also made the mistake of mentioning I’d like to be back every year as our family tradition to my wife, so she’ll be holding me to it. Staying resort side from now on!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 October 2017

My son and I stayed here for a fall sports tournament and I thought the setting was gorgeous. We frequently used the pool and hot tub and ate at Maya one night which was delicious and very friendly service. I called to change rooms because the noise from the neighbors was so loud- and they quickly met us at another room with no problem. The only thing that was a little hectic was dropping off the car at a busy time- didn't seem like they had a good system in place with their small turnaround driveway- it took about 15 minutes to get to the valet. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
3 km away
The Charter at Beaver Creek
#9 of 18 in Beaver Creek
3.3 km away
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!