“Perfect for a Spa Getaway”

Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Avon
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I'm a huge fan of this property and not only because it smells good. Seriously, there's no better smelling resort in Colorado!

I've stayed here twice and both times were pure bliss. I've also visited Spa Anjali twice and both times were heavenly. This is probably one of my top three favorite spas in Colorado and it's vying for first place.

My first stay was during ski season with my husband and the second stay was this summer with my mom.

Maya is great for dinner and despite being foodie it won't break your bank. Their patio has top notch views.

This is as close to an all-inclusive resort that you'll find in Colorado and it includes an amazing pool and hot tub area, which are rather rare in this state, especially at a ski resort destination.

Leave your car with the valet and cares at the door. With multiple restaurant and bar options, including a poolside bar & grill, this is the type of place one could live happily ever after. At least I could!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Heidi K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Stayed at the Westin for two nights and was pretty impressed. As a SPG gold member I've stayed at many Westin properties in the past and they seem to vary, the flagship properties are great but the not so flashy ones are ehh. The Westin Riverfront is definitely one of the best Westin's I've stayed at! Really beautiful very clean many many amenities and really beautiful setting of the property!
Special thanks to Christian at the valet, his level of personable service was something that I wish we would see more of in the industry!
Mekal at the front desk and Marla at the concierge were both amazing as well!
Looking forward to our next trip to Avon!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Sammy1123
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I wanted to spend my 30th birthday in a little bit of luxury, mostly relaxing and looking at stunning views. The Westin was the only hotel (in my price range) that had a beautiful outdoor pool looking out onto the mountains. It also has a top-rated spa, which tilted my decision in its favor. We stayed two nights and were able to check in a little bit early on Saturday. Overall, this stay was everything I wanted. Here are the highlights and to-be-awares:

Highlights:
>>Amazing main area with tons of comfortable seating, a nice bar and a great outdoor deck with firepits overlooking the pool.

>>Exceptional pool area - the views really make it.

>>Spa - AMAZING. I had the Kundahari back treatment and it was honestly the most relaxing 75 minutes of my life. Great relaxation room, treats, tea, sauna and steam room while waiting. Expensive, but worth it for a special occasion or splurge.

>>Fitness center - I didn't work out (I was RELAXING, remember?!), but my husband did and he said he felt like a kid in a candy shop wanting to workout for hours. Apparently very beautiful facility with tons of equipment.

>>Service: They definitely treated me well for my birthday. Left a bottle of champagne in the room with a note and offered free champagne throughout my spa service.

To be aware of...

>>This is a very family-friendly resort. Most of the guests seems to be younger families with children, so just know that the pool area is going to have children splashing and jumping and yelling and crying. It didn't bother me a ton, as it's a hotel and I can't expect it to be adults-only. But just something to note if you want a quiet retreat.

>>Parking - only option really is $30 valet

>>Rooms - the rooms are nice. Beds were really comfy, nice size bathroom. I definitely think you pay for the amenities and location, not the rooms.

>>There is a Starbucks onsite and the Maya restaurant onsite, which was pretty good. Amazing service there, really loved the people. There are a few restaurants in walking distance (nothing really for breakfast), but we ended up going to Edwards to Zino for our second night. HIGHLY recommend it.

I'd come back here again for a weekend getaway!

Room Tip: Pool/mountain facing would be best.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elyse S
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This hotel is a beauty. I stayed in the summer off-season, so I received a pretty decent rate on a suite with a view of the mountains. The room is absolutely stellar, with possibly the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. The bathroom is glorious with a separate tub and shower. Overall, this hotel and the room was super luxurious and clean. The lobby was gorgeous and the huge pool was a welcome pleasure on a hot summer day.

Room Tip: Get a Suite if you can swing the cost.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

It was lovely! The spa, gym, pool, hot tubs and smores were great! Get there early, though, because if they are busy they will overbook and you won't have a room. This almost happened to us, but they made room instead of moving us to the Osprey because we have a small dog and the Osprey does not accept animals.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Leslie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Avon
3 km away
The Charter at Beaver Creek
#9 of 18 in Beaver Creek
3.3 km away
Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa

Been to Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!