“Best Bread”

Ranked #162 of 876 Restaurants in Tulum
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Tulum's favorite tropical bistro, know for its heavenly breakfast, is now serving delectable dinners. Our evening menu was created with our jungle home in mind. Paired with stellar craft cocktails it's the best way to lay a good base for your galactic Tulum nights. Welcome home baby!
Reviewed 15 December 2014

This is the best place in TULUM for European bread. Its a small and beautiful place with a great service, I personally know the family that bakes the bread and they are lovely. If you are in town is a great option for breakfast.

Date of visit: November 2014

Reviewed 11 December 2014

I had read reviews and they piqued my interest, I went for coffee and some great bread.
The location is excellent, the bread was good and the coffee nescafe. The place was clean and bright, the service was okay. My experience at Pan Comido was pretty good.

Date of visit: December 2014
5  Thank Tony A
Reviewed 13 November 2014

very nice, simple but good breakfast and friendly manager from Spain. The bread was great made by a German family. Good place for a early morning quiet place.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 21 October 2014 via mobile

I live in the Tulum Area and this spot is not only a place for me to hold a meeting or two, it's a frequent stop for me to indulge in the best bakery in town! Mato and Christina are always there to greet with a smile! I love the minimal design, fresh and clean space and from my breakfasts to coffee to my favourite sandwich "the toasted caprese" and you might get the chance to enjoy Matos Eastern European flavoured meals in high season, it's a must do! Weekly they provide me with my gluten free bread and my espresso is made just right! They have a variety of high end Eco-products like oils and shampoos and soaps that are nicely displayed and made by local artisans. Even if you go solo, there's always great chatter going on between everyone inside! I'm so glad we have a bakery/cafe that is done just right with the European flair for locals and tourists! Love that the owner is hands on!

1  Thank SUPYogaTULUM
Reviewed 6 October 2014

We were on a photography assignment and stopped in for breakfast. The owner and his helper helped us choose a variety of things to try and we had coffee and a smoothie as well. Husband had the eggs and sausage dish and I had the salmon and german bread. Everything super fresh. We will return in two short weeks from now!

Date of visit: August 2014