Occidental at Xcaret Destination
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
US$515
US$386
Hotels.com
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$655
US$557
Hotels.com
Newport House Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Pool
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$487
US$349
  • Beachfront
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$464
BanyanTree.com
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$940
US$790
US$520
US$541
US$517
US$533
US$457
  • Breakfast included
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
US$177
US$136
Expedia
14,757 results
All reviewsroyal clubman made beachfun clubpacos tacossonora grillel pescadorle buffetfirst clubtime shareseafood restaurantunderground riverbeach buffetfun poolswim up barmain buffeteco parkbeach area
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room was very comfortable and enjoyed our stay. We had a great time with the entertainment, relaxing by the beach or poolside, playing volleyball on the beach and in the pool, and having nice dinners. I had a good time at Xcaret.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
OccidentalatXcaret, Social Media & Customer Care Coordinator at Occidental at Xcaret Destination, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your Occidental at Xcaret Destination experience. We have taken all your feedback on board and this will be used constructively to perfect our future guests’ experience.

We appreciated your sincere and constructive comments. Please know that one of our main goals is to work on a daily basis to constantly improve our services and guest satisfaction. I have noted all your comments and suggestions which I will constructively use to improve our services and facilities.

It was a pleasure to host your holiday and hopefully you will provide us an opportunity to host your holiday once again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A few things our first few days here.

We are at the Royal level, great and friendly service all around. Room has been upgraded and is in good, not perfect shape.

Food at Royal restaurant is a B to A minus. We ate at buffet once for dinner, the reviews are right, really not great. Service was very good though.

Resort has great proximity to Xcaret, can't beat it.

Clean all around.

The real gripe that is upsetting is not the bogus "resort credit" that has been documented, it's the "My Barcelo Gift Certificate worth 5% of the booking" scam. If you buy your trip through Barcelo, you are promised a GIFT CERTIFICATE to be used on property.

Well, this is completely bogus. This gift certificate is exactly the same as the discounts you are given upon arrival. Nothing different, nothing better.

You have to spend money to get a discount. I call that a COUPON.

NOT cool. In my case a $110 broken promise.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank rippowam22

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and myself had a spa treatment today and it was wonderful. He had deeep tissue and I had a relaxing massage. I got a deal also when they caught me at the beach! Highly recommend! I had David as my masseuse and my husband had Bernice.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi suzannemdavies2018,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback on your recent experience at Occidental at Xcaret Destination. Our goal is to serve all our guests with the highest level of service and satisfaction. We are always concerned about guests’ wellbeing and strive to make their holiday an unforgettable experience.

It gives me a great pride to know that our staffs are commended for their kindness and professionalism. I will share your comments with the team, I am sure that this will serve as an encouragement to our staffs as we constantly strive to provide consistent quality of service to our guests.
We are delighted to read, that we were up to par to your standards. We thank you for your feedback, which shall serve as a further source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of hospitality excellence.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The resort was breathtakingly beautiful, the grounds, the wildlife, the maps are extremely helpful as well! I have to say the rooms were overall nice but the beds were terrible, the sheets were extraordinarily uncomfortable and the beds were hard as a rock not what I was expecting out of a 4 star hotel. The bars were amazing the bartenders know what they're doing! Food was fantastic! Overall a great stay just wish the rooms were more comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Hi kristyn97,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely hotel in wonderful setting, didn't seem like a big, impersonal resort. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good personal service and advice on excursions. Would definitely go visit again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Hi karibawantenaar,

¡Wow! We loved how in a few words you described the incredible experience. We do our very best to ensure our guests are taken care of, from the moment they arrive until the time of departure. We would like to express our most sincere gratefulness for your kind words about the service you received.

The biggest compliment that our team can get is your desire to return. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again.