Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Newport House Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$576
BanyanTree.com
Belmond Maroma Resort & Spa(Playa Maroma)
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
Hotels.com
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
Hotels.com
Petit Lafitte(Playa del Carmen)
8,345 results
All reviewsfamily conciergemolekids zonekids clubsunrise grillfc poolnaos buffetolio restaurantheated poolbana fusionthe pirate ship poolbedroom master suiteballoon animalsdinner reservationsfamily vacationkids poolbubble bath
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

As always our stay was very good and enjoyed ourselves. Noticed a little more maintenance work is need on painting the outside of buildings specially outside the swim up suites where the paint is actually peeling and the hand rails were missing outside out suite.

Room Tip: Lot of noise from staff prior to 7:30 am in the hallways. Although we know they are working it still awoke us and neighboring clients.
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
1  Thank 600rubenm
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Everything was great!! Food was high quality as well as the alcohol and the beers offered, rooms were excellent in top condition.
I do not have any kids but since the hotel had a side for kids or no kids including pools an restaurants they were unnoticed. I will definitely recommend the hotel to anyone that is looking to fully relax and enjoy a great a superior experience.

Room Tip: Everything was great!!
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was here April 22 to 29 2018 with a large group, some who went with the upgrade, some were in la Perla (adults) and some who were in la Esmerelda (family). I was in la Perla and found this to be the best resort I have been to (and this is my 12th trip). We could not believe the room-best shower ever, comfiest bed ever and there was no musty smell you often get in Mexico. The adults and families are very segregated here so if you do not like kids you will never see them in la Perla. Of course the adults only pool has its own hijinks and shenanigans and there is sometimes some issues with noise at 3 am if you have neighbors whooping it up! The people I traveled with who had kids with them also raved about their rooms. However I got to experience the Royal service with my friends who had upgraded with this and I wish I had done so too. First you have a separate heated pool which is much quieter--no loud music or drunk people riding inflatable flamingos. There are Bali beds that are free for Royal guests (you have to pay for one at la Perla). The restaurant La Palappa is desginated as for Royal Service but if it is slow you don't need to be royal to get a reservation . You also get a butler that will make your dinner reservations, surprise you with bottles of wine, tequila, chocolate covered strawberries, run you a jacuzzi bath with rose petals, and help you with tee off times, etc. I preferred spending time in the Royal service area with my friends and was sorry I did not upgrade. I want to give a special thank you to Joaquin at the Sunset Grill and Guadeloupe at Fuego for their exceptional customer service. I will definitely return and go Royal next time :)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aquacaliente
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We chose the Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda with our family in mind. I am happy to share the family concierge upgrade was worth the additional cost. The hotel itself is large, bright and offers something for everyone. The concierge service personnel were attentive and friendly. We were able to reserve our dinner reservations and spa services for the week in advance which is something I really appreciated. Ana and Ivan our designated "butlers" checked in with us regularly to ensure all our needs were being met. What really was a pleasant surprise was the extra attention our toddler daughter received with various surprises throughout the week. The Kids Club also had a great variety of activities throughout the day that our child really enjoyed partaking in. Yessenia and staff were great! This is the first trip our daughter wanted to visit the club regularly to see what was in store. There was a nice main area with fish ponds, greenery and natural sunlight close to all the amenities. Evening entertainment was also family appropriate, well coordinated and enjoyed by all.
We booked a reservation for the adult only Passion restaurant and this was something special to remember I highly recommend. Spa services and environment high end and relaxing. Our room was always well stocked and cleaned at the same time daily which was another plus. The beach was small and had a lot of seaweed, so if you prefer a full day at the beach keep this in mind. Our little one loves the pool so it wasn't a big negative for us. Having a designated family concierge pool and breakfast spot (Olio) close to our room was extra convenient. The only negative about the actual resort to report is the illy cafe and main kids pool with slides etc, was closed for renovation during our stay. We were not advised advised of this by our tour operator, Sun Wing -- those two areas we would had been looking forward to and so it would have been nice to know this prior.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the family concierge area where our rooms were situated.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came last year and loved it so much, we bought into the Melia program. Since last May, we have been to Cancun, Cozumel and back to Playa Del Carmen again! All the resorts are wonderful. The food exquisite! The staff so gracious! One star person in our life is Danura! She waited on us last year in the restaurant Olieo, and this year La Palada. It took us 4 days to find her, showing her picture everywhere!

Our concierge Ceasat checked on our needs daily, the unit was cleaned beautifully and the decor is perfect. I am so happy we are part of the Melia family!

Already planning a tipr to Melia Dominica Paradisus for this coming December! Yay!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple