“The best Jamaican food I’ve ever had”

Rockas Jamaican Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 1,387 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Description: A real taste of Jamaica in Mexico! Enjoy authentic jerk chicken, patties and traditional Jamaican dishes served in a true island style setting. Located in centro Playa Del Carmen and only 2 minutes away from Mamitas's beach! Inspired by home-style cooking infused with the warmth and vibrancy of Jamaica's culture and people, Rockas Jamaican Kitchen is a celebration of the island's food and all the amazing Jamaican cooks we know.
Reviewed 28 February 2021

As a man that was raised in Brooklyn New York. I’ve visited my fair share of Jamaican spots and I’m proud to say the best Jamaican food I’ve ever had has been in playa del Carmen. Everything was on point. YOU WILL NOT REGRET COMING.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (429)

Reviewed 26 February 2021

Super yummy food, great music, friendly staff and the owners personally welcomed us and just spread such a beautiful energy!!!

Absolutely loving place & one of my "go to's" in PDC! <3

Reviewed 25 February 2021

Me and my family just can't get enough of the food and the welcoming vibes of this place. Marvin and Stephanie, the owners and operators, are the most amazing hosts I've ever come across.

From the snapper to the dumplings, no matter what you order, you absolutely can't go wrong with any item on the menu. Oh and don't forget to try the rasta pasta. It's to die for.

Honestly, I feel bad for going so often, but oh well it's my second home in Play a now for sure.

See ya there!

1  Thank brucepgregory
Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

Feel the Caribbean, island vibes here! I was in Playa for a month and made sure to include this spot in my weekly rotation. Really wonderful, authentic Jamaican cuisine, open air dining and lovely owner. Highly recommend the Rasta pasta!

Reviewed 23 February 2021

I had such a great night, since the forts I¿ve repeated some nights there with close friends and every time I had a great experience.
The whole ambience of the place is so cozy and familiar, it¿s like eating ina friends house but with all the extras that a restaurant can offfer.

The food was so different to me and I enjoyed every single dish that I¿ve tried.
Defenitevely a place to try as a local or trhough vacations, such a great little place in playa!