Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,781 results
All reviews white box black hole le buffet black band maki vip lounge dos lunas black wristband sian ka'an oasis beach club benazuza restaurant coyote loco taco ocean view circus show restaurants and bars spring break
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I came with my family to have a vacation and we came across Alberto he was our waiter at sarape restaurant. He was a really good waiter very attentive our food was perfect , our drinks were Perfect he was very patient and answered any questions that we had regarding details on food taste everything was just amazing. The manager Amanda the manager runs a good team here everyone is so welcoming. I will definitely bring my kids again so they can have this wonderful experience

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Customer Service, Director General at The Pyramid at Grand Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing such kind comments with TripAdvisor readers, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, it was an honor having you.
In the same way, thank you for highlighting the qualities that made your stay unforgettable. We are glad that you enjoyed the restaurants, facilities, entertainment and the personalized service we offer.
Likewise, our staff works really hard to make every single one of our guests feel at home and make sure they have an amazing experience, be assured that we will congratulate our staff for the excellent work they performed.

We truly hope to have the honor of welcome you back soon so you can continue to enjoy our resort.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We (19 family & friends) just returned today from Pyramid (black VIP wristbands). I've traveled a lot to many places including Cancun. This was the absolute worst experience ever, from long check-in (over an hr), covid registration lines (48hrs prior to departure wait was over an hr), then back in long line AGAIN the very next day to take the test (45 min in line). The restaurants were horrible, long waits & nasty food. A friend ordered chichen quesadilla & it had stretchy string & plastic in it.

The drinks are gross too, you think you can get all the pretty umbrella type of drinks..nope, it's hard to just get a FROZEN pina colada or daiquiri. Let alone there's ONE BARTENDER at each bar.

There is NO entertainment or shows... other than casino was open.

I get the whole covid thing, but I was at a different resort in Feb 21' (RIU) & they had shows, good food, no long lines, servers at pool & swim up bars open. Covid scheduling was done at check-in, which was WAY MORE CONVENIENT then spending 2 additional days in long lines to make a covid appointment & then next day in line for testing.

We had several rooms, though the view was beautiful the ceiling was leaking in several rooms flooding floors the day it rained.

I was literally embarrassed planning this vacation for our family & friends to experience this. Do yourself a favor & select a different location.

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay.
In the same way, your safety and well-being is of paramount importance to us and with that in mind, we would like to let you know that we are very devoted to our guests, and the staff is committed to understand, help and satisfy all of your needs. Thank you for letting us know the inconveniences you had so we can enforce and improve the service, as your comfort and satisfaction are really important to us.

It is important for you to know that every time you have a setback at the hotel you can contact our managers or customer service staff to solve any setbacks you might have so we can do a proper follow-up.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Alberto was the best the best waiter I have ever had!! He was so consistent, attentive and polite! He took care of us, never having to wait for refills or food! ALWAYS ask for Alberto if he is available, the best you will ever have as a sever at Sarape! The Mariachi band also was amazing!! For considerations definitely contact Amanda as she is the manager here at this establishment ! Her workers do above and beyond! They are amazing, definitely visit here!! We had so much fun!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The best part of the trip was playing tennis with Coach Rafael Jarvio. He is a great player and a coach. Very polite and knows a lot about the game and how to treat the guests really well. It made my stay way more fun to play with him everyday for 10 days. He deserves a promotion. What a great guy!!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Customer Service, Director General at The Pyramid at Grand Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. It gives us great pleasure to know that you had such a great time during your stay with us, it was an honor having you as a guest.
Also, we appreciate the special comments for our staff members, of course we will congratulate him for his excellent work.

We would be honored to welcome you again on your next vacation.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just left this resort after a 6 night stay with a group of 8. I would go here again even tho this property is lacking- the price was great compared to other resorts. We paid about $100 per day per person, all included- Room-Meals-Alcohol.
The bartenders were not stingy with the drinks and not a one of us had headaches after our frequent over indulgences. Yes there were lines. Just know people have been cooped up and want to go somewhere- NOW. Im sure the lines are at all resorts this size.
I want to point out that 95% of the other people staying in this hotel were aged 25 and under and they party all night. We are a group of 50 year olds but I never felt out of place.
The staff were awesome and most of them spoke English.
The ocean was a workout. Not the hotels fault, but truth be told we spent more time in pools than we did on the beach due to the brutality of the waves. And the pools were phenomenal.
Speaking of the pools, there's a ramp heading down to the beach that if you are not careful, if you are wearing flip flops, you will slide down it and fall. It gets sand on it and with the slope.. Its dangerous. I fell 5 times on this trip and I can honestly tell you they were not alcohol related. Once happened right outside the VIP check in office.. Random pool of water on the marble tile floor.
Most of the food was fantastic but the buffet place is short staffed- 50 people in line and three workers trying to cook and serve at the same time. I feel the hotel could have done better there.
We did the dinner show and the food was amazing and the show had a funny element to it that made it the highlight of my trip!
That being said.. we also did the 22 course meal at Benazula(prob not exactly right on the name) and the first part- at the bar was awesome- But our time would have been better spent if we had walked out immediately after. We sat there three hours and it just got progressively worse. At one point, my husbands food had a live crawling bug in it, and I was served a plate of food that you could clearly see was dried to the plate- How long must it have been sitting out to dry to the plate? We were charged $72 to drink water.. Left there hungry and didn't get out of there until all the other restaurants were closed so we ordered room service- A Pizza showed up two and a half hours later-well after we went to bed.
The worst part of this hotel for me is the bathtub shower arrangement. Theres a piece of glass mounted that doesn't move that blocks you from being able to turn the shower or tub on before you get in. You literally have to get in it to reach the knobs to turn it on. And I have no idea how this is even possible but.. I set the tub spout to temp then switched it to shower spray and after 10 sec the water goes cold... did it three times to confirm- so adjusted the water hotter while it was on spray mode and of course burned my feet when I turned it off to get out. This is 100% fact and completely ridiculous.
If you can over look all night partying-noise and maintenance issues that come along with a property built in the 70s and wanna get bang for your buck.. go for it, just go with eyes wide open so you are not disappointed. I had a great time and again- I would stay here again.

1  Thank 697pennya

Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry for the incident you mentioned, we take these situations very seriously and we will carry out the appropriate investigation and actions to make sure it never happens again in the future, since our guests safety and well-being is of paramount importance to us.
Likewise, we want to let you know, that our hotel is audited and certified by an English company that measures and ensures the high quality and hygiene of our ingredients; in addition, a monthly sampling is carried out in the laboratory. This way, we make sure that every dish that leaves our kitchen meets our guests high standards.

We reiterate once again our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and hopefully you can give us another opportunity to welcome you again.