All reviews carnival buffet emerald resort moments bar the adult pool area sushi bar spice restaurant an older resort entertainment team pool concierge great trip the entire resort star resort special shout took great care ocean view my favorite ceviche
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Excellent Service!
I don’t think we’ve ever had better service. The attitude of all of the employees was great. But Miguel (buffet) and especially Miguel (medical) really took great care of us. We stayed 8 days in mid-December 2020.

Cancun got hit hard with hurricanes this year and also experienced a huge drop off in business due to Covid. The hotel is very clean, the staff all is very aware of and practices good Covid protocol, and we felt very safe the entire stay. The Now Emerald is under new management and they are working hard on repairs. Because the hotel is way below normal occupancy, they rotated through the theme restaurants but we always had at least three choices of where to eat per night. The food was very good and there was cold draft beer on tap at every bar. The nightly entertainment was very good.

We went into Cancun for a few restaurants and shopping. Again everyone was very friendly. I think they are doing more to prevent Covid than many cities in the US – just to walk the outdoor malls we had to be masked and our temperatures were taken and we were given hand sanitizer before we were allowed to enter any store or restaurant.

On our third day there, I slipped while in the shallow end of the adult pool (no I wasn’t drinking) and banged my head requiring medical attention (my first ambulance ride ever). The local staff under the direction of Miguel did a great job and got me to a hospital where I received 15 stitches in short order. Once I returned, Miguel insisted on twice daily treatment of my injury and did a fantastic job of moving my healing along.

Date of stay: December 2020
Leonardo Romero, Ventas at Now Emerald Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Pgh_Engineer

Thank you for sharing your experience at Now Emerald Cancun.

Our team is very happy to learn that you and your family had an amazing stay with us and that you enjoyed the service at our hotel. Rest assure that we have shared your kind words with our Operations Committee and specially with Miguel from Carnival as well as Miguel our lifeguard

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

¡Saludos desde el caribe mexicano!
Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed 22 December 2020 via mobile

We had the best week in Cancun! We absolutely loved all of the staff & we will definitely be back one day soon. Alex was an awesome cabana boy, Luis was the best pool deck waiter, Alfredo treated us to luxury at his restaurants, and Ricardo was an excellent pool deck bar tender. They did all of these things while following all of the precautions for COVID-19. I’m so glad we got to experience such a wonderful week in Cancun at Now Emerald!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear 841baileys

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Now Emerald Cancun

We are very happy to learn that you had a wonderful time during you past stay. Rest assure that we will be sharing your comments with our Operations Team, but specially with Alex, Luis, Alfredo and Ricardo.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

¡Saludos desde Cancún!

Reviewed 21 December 2020

We came to the resort with a huge group! It has a great location, and an amazing beach front. The sand is fantastic as well. The servers will serve you food and drinks on the beach all day long.
We found the pools to be very average. And the swim up bar has nothing special to it which was a huge bummer for us. We loved the servers around the pool they’re always great to the guest! And the restaurants were pretty good as well. Their margaritas were fantastic.
Unfortunately I think the resort is severely outdated and there was no WOW factor at all. At times our shower had no hot water, and the water was a light brown. The cleaning staff went above and beyond our whole trip.
We enjoyed lunch and breakfast at the buffett, make sure to ask for Carlos- he honestly made our trip.
We were also very surprised at our service in the lobby bar. With a younger crowd we of course enjoyed drinks and shots. Come to find out it’s an inconvenience to the bartenders to serve you and honestly disrespectful at times as well. There was only one gentleman there that cared and took care of the group as it should be. There’s nothing to do during the night times either.
We loved the Now Jade and would go to that resort over the Now Emerald any day.
Great mini vacation! But we will not be back to this resort.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2020

This hotel does not disappoint in any area. The second you arrive the bell boys are there to get your luggage and show you to the lobby with smiles. The lobby is very open and air conditioned well.
Straight to the pool for a drink while we wait for our rooms to be ready. The service here is IMPECCABLE. From the warm smiles from the ladies that cleaned our room, to the maintenance men, to the bar tenders/wait staff. November 2020 was our second time here. We were also here in July 2019. It was different due to COVID, but the experience was just as amazing. We missed the entertainment staff this year (Angelo, James, Karla and the rest I can't remember their names). However, Barisa was also great and did perfect as a party of 1 entertaining the pool area. Hope she is there next time with the rest of the crew. Such a nice person. Alex! Heard he is back! We just missed him. If you don't know Alex, he is worth the trip alone. He is AMAZING! We were lucky enough to have Luis as a server (pool and beach) this year and last. He hustles. He cares. He's all about making our day better and being right there when we needed him. Same for Yolanda. We met her this time and she was awesome as well! We did miss Angelica. I also want to shout out Carlos. We were able to watch the Bears lose to the Packers while we were here. (shocking) They let us sit in the premier bar (while it wasn't even open) to watch the game with others who happened to be from Illinois or Wisconsin. He ran us drinks from another bar and accommodated us in every way. I also want to say Juan in the bar (in the lobby?) is also a great asset to this hotel. EVERY SINGLE PERSON that works here is great. I did my best with names, but everyone here is really great. Can't forget room service. The smiles here are endless. They are genuine, which is very important to me.
The food here is very good. Order as much as you want. It takes a long time, but I think that's normal for all inclusive. Also, there was no buffet, so more were eating at restaurants. (Damn covid again) I felt the food was better this time than last year. You can order your lunch at the pool and they will bring it to you. The fish nuggets are SO good. If you don't see it on a menu, ask. I've never been told no.
I want to talk about tips for a second. You do not HAVE to tip. But you should. These people hustle. They work their butts off in the heat (now in a mask) and they deserve it. I can't understand how people don't tip, so I wanted to add that.
People say the place is old like. I don't get that vibe. I've been to Cancun several times of the past 20 years. It's older, but it's not dirty and it doesn't feel "old."
There are a lot of stairs. It's typical. The resort is street level (ish) so there are a lot of stairs to get to the beach. There are ways to avoid most of them around the pool and in the hotel. This was not a problem for us, and my dad has only one leg. My sister brought her 4 month old baby. No issues.
I'll try to wrap this up. Can you tell I LOVE this place? When we come here we are an extension of the Now family. We are treated as such. I literally have tears in my eyes when I have to make my rounds to say goodbye to everyone. I can't wait to go back here. If you have any doubts, give it a chance. Every place will have bad reviews, but some times it's just bad people. FIVE STARS! Bravo Now Emerald.

Room tip: Ocean view for sure, although the lagoon side isn't horrible.
Date of stay: November 2020
Leonardo Romero, Ventas at Now Emerald Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2020

Dear jencow74

Thank you for sharing your experience at Now Emerald Cancun.

We are very happy to learn that you had a wonderful time during your past stay, our team was very excited to know that their service stood out. Your kind words have been shared with our Management Team and with our Operations Team, rest assure that we will continue to offer the best services to our guests.

Once again thank you very much jencow74, your home and the Now Emerald Cancun Family await you on your next visit to the Mexican Caribbean.

Saludos desde Cancun
Social Media Coordinator

Reviewed 17 December 2020

Great service. Beautiful beach. Food and drinks good. Rooms old and need updated. We went in December and the pools were like ice! Yikes!! We’d visit again once they update the resort. Kids club was great foe our 4 year olds as well.

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Leonardo Romero, Ventas at Now Emerald Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2020

Dear Vacation28293297718

We would like to begin by thanking you for sharing your comments with us.

Please accept our deepest apologies for the short comings that you experienced during your past stay at our hotel, we have shared our areas of opportunity with the corresponding departments in order to have them addressed.

We would also like to thank you for sharing your positive experience of our staff´s overall service.

We strongly hope to have the opportunity to revert your perception of our hotel in the near future.

Warm regards from Cancun